Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Errors

Hi,
    After much hair pulling I purchased the full package of memtest. I am running windows 7 64bit so I ran the boot Memtest for 64bit machines.

I am getting errors. I dont know what is passable for RMA; how many errors?
    There was one2 errors at 266% an ]d now the machine has stopped at 282%.
    I dont believe heat is an issue; plenty of air around and through the machine.

I have the box they came in.
    The sticks are in perfect cosmetic condition wiht s/n's stickers intact.

All settings are set to default "Optimum". I have run memtest several times, with Ram in the other 2 slots :: slots tested 1/3 and 2/4 all with these erratic results.
    I jsut RMA'd teh board. It came back to me. Of course no note of any kind from GA.

Windows 7 / 64bit Home
    MB: GA-EP45-UD3P v. 1.6
    Intel Q9400
    G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK

IS it RMA time?
    Thank you,
    StephenH

Do you have the latest BIOS? Did you set memory to DDR2-1066, 5-5-5-15, 2.10V? If both yes, and they error, send them in for new replacements.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

1 error is enough for RMA. G.Skill memory should be perfect 0 errors.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

furthers adventures of Cosmo

Good morning,
      I have been trying to run memtest all night. Each time I get up, ~2hrs, my machine is frozen, cant be revived.

I have set the memory settings as you have instructed. Before, each time I have tried to raise the memory voltage with the setting you have advised here and the system doesn?t like it. But I did follow through and set things as instructed. Memtest stops running and when it does the system fails.

I have looked at temps, at least of cpu and video card and all look within range.
      I have wondered if the ram was overheating, but little way to test that and I don?t know what the temp range for the ram is (would you please list temp ranges for the memory, tnx)

Now I am on my 4th or 5th Memtest run. This time I will at least be around monitoring the process so i can get a glimpse at the runtime of Memtest.

I have made an attempt to make this machine as quiet as I can. Sometimes I wonder if the packing i mounted on metal surfaces has cause poor air flow and thusly overheating items. I do have a Scythe fan controller with temp display. But how do I attach it to the memory stick? And temp values?

So here I am waiting for something to happen with Memtest.
      I?ll share what happens..

thanks for your time,
      StephenH

Comment

play it again sam

Hello,
        The computer froze again. It did it wiht m back turned! so I know it was not able to make it past a second pass.

RMA?

Thank you,
        stephenH

Comment

Send them in for new replacements. You can also try DDR2-800 4-4-4-12 2.0V, but if the problem persists, the memory is surely defective.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X