Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titan 128 GB SATA II draining battery

Hi,

I am having a problem with my brand new Titan 128 GB SAT II drive I purchased last week from Newegg (TITAN Series FM-25S2S-128GBT1 2.5" 128GB SATA, firmware 0955):

Performance is great and no complaints however, right after installing the disk and putting my Vista SP1 Home image back on it using Acronis True Image Home 10, I recognized a significant lower battery life without changing any settings: instead of 5-6 hours I only get 3.5 if at all. Something/Titan is sucking on my battery like crazy?

My system: Samsung Netbook NC10-14GB, Intel 945GME Chipset, 82801 Serial ATA controller, 2GB RAM, Vista Home Premium SP1.
    Again, all is running smooth and really fast, only the reduced battery life sucks. I have applied all the SSD tweaks but also reverted them again, no difference.
    I have not installed anything nor changed any setting. Installed Windows 7 Beta on a spare partition: same result, battery is being drained.
    Anyone or G.Skill, please help me, I was so proud of 6 hours runtime and was expecting it to at least be the same, I lost 50% pretty much overnight, what is going on ???!!!

jmann

here is the Titan series power consumption:

Power Consumption
    i. Standby: 0.2A @ 5V, 1W
    ii. Sustained Read/Write: 650mA @ 5V, 3W
    iii. Average RMS: 600mA @ 5V
    iv. Maximum Peak: 1.5A @ 5V

and it actually needs more power than normal 2.5' hard drive
    thanks

G.S

Comment

due to Titan internal Raid0, it is reasonable that drains battery quickly.

Comment

It shouldn't be draining the battery to that extent. Might make sure, prefetch off, indexing off, etc, see the tweaks at OCZs forums. Upgrade to Vista Service Pack 2 (might help a bit, think that's where they added a few tweaks for SSDs to Vista)
        Have you tried going back to your original drive to check and see if it's the battery itself that's going bad. If it's not, I'd see about a RMA or refund, obviously by their lack of 'support', they don't care.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X