Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill Turbulence memory cooler with corsair xms2 dhx memories

hi,
    i want to use g.skill turbulence memory cooler ( http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=156 ) as my cooling solution for my memories , but
    i'm not sure whether they gonna fit or not.
    the memory i'm currently using is corsair xms2 dhx ( http://www.corsair.com/products/xms2dhx/default.aspx ) which have huge heat spreaders mounted on top.
    so can any one tell me if it is gonna work or not ? any help will be greatly appreciated
    thanks

Yes, no problems.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Have it

I have this installed on my Gskill ram right now. Super easy to instal too. Sits a bit close to my V8 cpu cooler (not trubulence fault-freaking big cpu cooler) so i have it on the last two ram slots, i also moved my 2 sticks over so they were directly under the fan too. With the stock cpu cooler supplied with my amd 1055t this cooler acutally was taller then that and sat over the cpu cooler by a few inches (mobo design). The blue lights look fantastic and very quiet..........really dont hear it over any of the other fans.

Did you see the pic of the dual 60mm turbulence ram fan.........very nice, but red

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=176312

Here is some pics of the fan instaled- i have cleaned up the wires since this. please dont laugh at my ghetto case. My case is out there but i have not found it yet lol

Comment

@gskill tech thanks for the info, now i can go and pick one w/o any worries

@cravinmild naah i dont like red :P and this one looks even cooler w/ that shuriken on it .
        hmm whats that card at the bottom of the case, seems like cant identify it and btw thats one huge cooler u got there , actually i had true 120 before but changed it as it actually bent my mobo

p.s. that last pic looks awesome just clean up ur cable and put some fans into it
        Last edited by gamefreak; 08-14-2010, 08:54 AM.

Comment

update pics

Gamefreak, i updated that thread and added a better pic of the cooler and one more that shows the cleaner looking case once i cleaned up the wires. Much better now lol. The lowest card is a BFG 250 GTS (Dedicated for just PhysX), a Bigfoot Killer 2100 gaming network card (jurys still out on the nessesity of this purchase but i does have pretty lights) is sandwiched in the middle and my main card (top card) is a Gigabyte GTX 280 i got for 201$ new when i started my upgrade.

PS i agree, i like the single 60mm blue lite ram cooler better. You get a better shot of the cooler with the added pics. See how it has to sit off to the side abit, its not completely snapped onto the first ram slot clips.

Comment

nice and clean
            i will post some of my sys pics with the cooler after i get my mobo back from rma

Comment

Working...
            X