Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats with the uber security to post here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats with the uber security to post here?

Seems abit of overkill for posting here, do you really get that many people wanting to wreck your forums?

Anyways, i have put most of my system together now, just mostly bling left. The case is ghetto but runs peeerrrrfect. I went with amd cause i cant afford a 1k 6core cpu but can can afford a 200 dollar 6 core. I got the 1055t and oc-ed it to 3.5Ghz on a cool Master V8. I used a gigabyte 890gpa-ud3h rev.2 mobo. I have 2x2Gb RipJaw F3 cl9 9-9-9-24 @ 1600 and want to increas it to 1866 soon. Volts are stock, im afraid to play with that part yet....my first build. I have no problems with anything being faulty and all works great.

Thanks for the great ram, cant wait to get the last two slots filled with 2x4gb sticks. Looks fantastic with my Corsair ram cooler on top. I want to bring the ram upto 1866 soon but will be content to play games right now.

What would the advantage of increaseing the ram speed to 1866 anyways, the mobo states that it supports that speed but oc-ed to do it. the ram supported speed for the mobo is 1333. I needed to increase it while ocing the cpu to get it to 1600.

Fantastic ram guys, would buy again for sure.

If pic posting here was not such a pain in the **** i would post some pics but oh well, i know it looks sweet lol.

cravinmild

Believe it or not, yes. They have even evolved over time depending on what we attempt to block them. Because our security is high, they have not been around so much anymore, but I am still hesitant to drop the image veri. I would rather the hassle, than to have someone accidentally hit one of those links and infect their computer with a deadly virus that is irrecoverable.

Increasing RAM frequency enhances the max bandwidth, but at the same time, it can also slower your overall speed if the memory controller is overloaded. So especially for AMD systems, DDR3-1600 is typically enough.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

1600mhz ram OR slow it down but tighten it up

So increasing ram to 1866 will increase bandwidth but with a hit to speed so would i see noticable speed increase by going to say 7-7-7-20 (maybe not those exact numbers but you get the idea) then keeping with the 9-9-9-24 timings i use right now and NOT increasing the ram bandwidth..........all in one breath lol.

Is there good predetermaned timmings that show improvement but using the lower bandwidth of 1333 or 1066 that are known with out the trial and error approach

Thanks

Comment

The only other timings for this memory is DDR3-1333 8-8-8-24. This would be similar to DDR3-1600 CL9. You can not lower the timings at DDR3-1600 since this memory is rated at that and CL9. You can purchase DDR3-1600 CL8 or CL7 memory, but it's no worth it if you already have these. This memory is capable of DDR3-1800+, you'll just need to set DRAM Voltage to 1.65V. Hopefully the CPU will handle it without a problem.

Yes, for every 266MHz, it's roughly 1 clock cycle. So..

DDR3-1600 CL9
        DDR3-1333 CL8
        DDR3-1066 CL7

They may go lower, but depends on the memory and voltage you supply it.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

mine went to 1800 but not much further...

Hi all first post ever on GSkill forums oooh how exciting!..

So with my Ripjaws kit i i was stopped at about 1800mhz... this rig is a while old now so looking to upgrade it soon heh.. probably get a mobo and chip similar to yours as well.

Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P
          AMD 550 BE (unlocked to Tri Core @ 3.8ghz)
          G-Skill Ripjaws F3-12800-CL9D-4GBRL (1800 @ 1.65v ( annoyingly this board defaults it to 1.6v which the ram is rated to sit at 1.5 grr)
          Antec True Power Trio 650

I've been wondering if it's the PSU unit holding everything else back, is it best to have a huge one in order to continue to scale my clocks?

Anyways....... i digress....

My experiences with this ram have been mixed, since coming from a DDR2 setup with a pair of excellently performing PI kit, i had high hopes.

I haven't been dissapointed, but i just want to get a leeeeetle bit more out of this setup...

Currently, i have it the NB(fsb) @ 240 to get the ram 9-9-9-24 @ ~1800mhz

I would love to see this go as high as 2000mhz but i can't see it happening on the hardware i'm working with (hellooooo 1090T )

Still, i'm very satisfied with the sticks and i don't think i'll be changing brands for the foreseeable future.

_fan

Comment

While DRAM speed continues to increase and mobo makers continue to design boards that will accommodate the higher speed, sadly AMD MCs (memory controllers) just aren't up to those speeds (and higher quantities of RAM). Believe they have sacrificed the R&D on their MCs to keep cost down as they continue to try and gain market share. To a lesser degree you also see it on the Intel side as many of the socket 775 mobos are rated for RAM at 1300, which many of the Intel CPUs can handle, but the market just isn't there for 1300 sticks.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

does that not imply that overclocking the cpu should give you more room to move with ram frequencys?

_fan

Comment

It can...depends on the CPU.....and numerous other factors

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

oh you... tee hee hee

well... then... what IS the limit with the current AM3 CPUs and GSkill ram? (forgive my lack of google finesse)

also... if i was wanted the fastest GSkill ram currently on the market which should i go for? (that which is compatible with AMD chips)

Comment

GSkill folks might have a better take on that, I know a couple of builders that have gotten to 1800, but seem to think 1600 is about the top they would suggest. I try to stay away from AMD builds, have just never been pleased with their CPUs and have been playing w/ them since the K5s in the mid 90's.

(pls note as a disclaimer, I don't work for GSkill, so my thoughts on AMD are my own, not those of GSkill)

Tman

Comment

While I wouldn't go as far as Tradesman on AMD's past performance (some of the oldies and goodies like the Socket 939 and Socket A platforms were pretty BA in their day..........) I'd agree with him that AMD has missed the boat here lately, especially in the support of high capacity and high speed RAM support.

Personally I wouldn't have an AM2 or AM3 build, especially since the Intel Socket 1156 has been released for the mainstream user. It just doesn't make sense unless you're on an extremely tight budget.

I'm not a GSkill employee either, so my opinion is just that, my opinion
                      MSI Big Bang xPower x58
                      Intel i7 950
                      GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
                      Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
                      OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
                      WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
                      WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
                      Corsair TX950W
                      Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

And I'm pretty much an AMD exclusive user. I don't work for G.Skill but I feel that my entire AMD experience so far can help alot of people.

Comment

Well both CPU companies specialize in their own ways. That's what you easily have "AMD only" users and "Intel only" users. If you want a fast and low priced gaming system, AMD is just that. If you need a professional computer for work, then Intel is the way to go. Editing, rendering, VM, and multi-process purposes will perform best with all the extra cores (virtual) and greater memory capabilities of Intel. But as we all know, that costs $, so it's like, do you get Honda or Acura? =)

Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH

Comment

check em.

Just had a look at my bios settings and...
                            Bouncing Mushrooms of Mongolia Batman! ...i'm running 1800mhz @ 8-9-8-24 with 1.6v

and i didn't even know it.

sooo.. when do i get my congratulatory lollipop?

_fan

Comment

Good job,

What flavor?

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X