Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on F2-6400CL4D-4GBHK

Hello,

I want to buy a dual-channel 2x2GB DDR2 kit for a Gigabyte GA-EP43-DS3 + Intel E8600 platform. As I have read good reviews of G.Skill Products :-) I am looking at your DDR2 products.

To summary my objective is:

1) Buy a product with medium/high performances (do not have to be extreme!)

2) The most important one: buy very reliable products, i.e.
    -> memory sticks are working on their SPD stock values without BIOS parameters modification
    -> Never get any SBE (single-bit-error) AT ALL, as data integrity is totally mandatory (*)

(*) I had enough issues with another brand, which gave me randomly a SBE every 30/50 GB transfer between disks. The system was working apparently OK (no BSOD at all, no random crash...), so it took me a lot of time to identify the faulty hardware part, i.e. the memory. I RMA-ed them and got NO more issue with the new modules...

============================

I have identified the following G.skill kit, which is available at my favorite retailler: F2-6400CL4D-4GBHK

So my two questions are the following:

- Does this kit work "out of the shelf", i.e. with their SPD timer values? What does that mean "tested 1.8v~1.9v"? Have them been tested succesfully at both values?

- If you don't think this kit is the best one according to my "100% stability + medium/high performance" requirement, which other G.skill kit would you suggest to me?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Stellar7.

for DDR2 800 CL4, you'll have to set the timing manually to 4-4-4-12
    for SPD value, you could only run at DDR2 800 5-5-5-15

for your choice, you could choose our PK/HK series
    thanks

G.S

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your quick reply! Both proposed memory kits are available at my retailler:
      F2-6400CL4D-4GBHK
      F2-6400CL4D-4GBPK

Last question regarding voltage values:

F2-6400CL4D-4GBHK has a 1.8~1.9 volts test spec.
      F2-6400CL4D-4GBPK has a 2.0~2.1 volts test spec.
      Others parameters are identical.

What is the default value set in SPD? Have them been tested succesfully at both values?

Cheers,

Stellar7.

Comment

for default SPD value, it could only possible to be 5-5-5-15, 'coz it's JEDEC standard
        but we're sure we can run at our rated speed
        thanks

G.S

Comment

Hello,

Sorry if I was not clear in my previous question, but my latest request was only related to voltage values:

What does that mean when you mention two test values, like:
          1.8~1.9 volts test (HK) spec or 2.0~2.1 volts test spec (PK)

Does it mean that it works at both values? Let's take the HK one: will it run 100% with SPD default at 1.8v, or do we need to set up manually the voltage to 1.9v in some specific cases?

Thanks,

Stellar7.

Comment

the voltage is for our rated spec, not for SPD value
            they could all run fine at default SPD value with 1.8v
            however, if you run it with our spec(4-4-4-12), you'll need to adjust the memory voltage
            thanks

G.S

Comment

OK, great!

I will buy one kit, either F2-6400CL4D-4GBHK or F2-6400CL4D-4GBPK depending on their availability at my retailler.

Contrary to my initial message, I will be better go for the ASUS P5QL-E P43 board.
              As your PK kit is even listed inthe MB compatibility list, everything should be OK :-)

Thanks again for all your responses.

Cheers,

Stellar7.

Comment

Working...
              X