X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP45T-DS3R and F3-10600CL7D-4GBPI x2

Hi GS,

I have the following setup -

motherboard - Gigabyte EP45T-DS3R (F3 bios version)
    cpu - Q9550
    memory - F3-10600-CL7D-4GBPI (times 2, so 8gb total)

The system runs very stable on 4gb of RAM (7-7-7-18-2T @ 1.66v, so 1.65 in bios), but I am unable to find the correct settings to run it stable on 8gb of RAM.

Any ideas?

cheers!!
    jd

sorry,for 4 sticks, we'd only recommend you to run at CL8 or 9
    it's too difficult to run DDR3 1333 CL7 with 4 sticks, so we don't guarantee for that
    thanks

G.S

Comment

do you know which settings to use for CL8 or CL9 if I wanted to use all four sticks?

thanks again, you're a great help!

Comment

please set it to DDR3 1333 8-8-8-21 or 9-9-9-24 2T@1.6v
        it should work fine with 4 sticks
        thanks

G.S

Comment

ok, tried both of those with no luck..both are quick to fail (either crash windows/explorer constantly or prime95 rounding errors in < 10 mins).

here are some other settings i tried (and took notes on) -

i set it to 8-8-8-22-2T @ auto voltage (1.74v idle, 1.72v load - according to easytune6 monitoring application)...and that resulted in prime95 producing rounding error on one of the cores in less than 5 minutes.

i also tried 9-9-9-24-2T @ auto voltage (1.744 idle, 1.72v load according to et6) and on 1.6v manual voltage. on auto, prime95 produced a rounding error in less than 10 mins.. with voltage set to 1.6, cpu-z/et6 were unable to display memory information correctly - cpu-z reports slot #1 size @ 256mb, part number includes corrupted text..lots of dodgy characters in manufactur info/part number on slot #4..so no good there.

i've also tried running the ram at 7-7-7-18-2T @ 1.6-1.75..prime95 doesn't produce any rounding errors, but it does eventually hang or reboot windows (anywhere between 5 minutes and 14 hours). I can run prime95 for over 24 hours with only 4gb installed, so it would appear to be the extra slots being in use causing the thing grief.

Are there any other settings on this board that I need to look at? (to either make it run at CL7 or to get it to work properly at CL8 or CL9?)

Do you know any motherboards that will run all 4 sticks? I'd be willing to throw this board if it meant I could use all 4 sticks at CL7

Comment

we assumed it is not motherboard but chipset can't make 4 sticks run at DDR3 1333 CL7
            what if you set all the setting to auto?
            'coz we can't guarantee it would run fine with 4 sticks

G.S

Comment

Working...
            X