Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gigabyte and G.Skill DDR2 1066 not playing nice together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte and G.Skill DDR2 1066 not playing nice together?

I have a GA-EP45-UD3R board paired with F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, and they have been nothing but trouble. After FINALLY getting all the settings right (5-5-5-15/2.0-2.1), i thought i had them stabilized. Nope. I get random BSOD's with the LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL_TO error message, which is more than likely RAM 99% of the time (as an IT manager, I have never had that message not resulted from faulty memory).

I have RMA'd them for a new pair, just in case it was a bad batch of RAM, as opposed to it being a compatibility issue; however, I have seen others with the same problem with the same board/RAM as me. On Gigabytes webiste, it does not list ANY G.Skill RAM sets in their compatible list. Even on the this very site, it does not list the GA-EP45-UD3R as being tested to be stable yet.

So do I need to find a different pair of RAM? Is there testing underway to find out the issue with this set of RAM with this board?

we don't have this board in hands, but we tested this memory on GA-EP45-DS3R and found no compatible issues
    you may need to add FSB voltage and set Performance Enhance to Standard to improve stability
    thanks

G.S

Comment

I already have t set to Standard. What do you suggest i bump the FSB to?

Comment

you can try to set FSB voltage to 1.4v and install them in slot 2 and 4
        thanks

G.S

Comment

Working...
        X