Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) in ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) in ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe

I purchased and built this from scratch back in August 2006

Motherboard
    ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard

Processor
    AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ 2.41 Ghz (not overclocked)

GPU
    ATI Radeon X1900XT 512 Meg

Memory
    G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ from Newegg

Memory installed in Slots Dimm A2 and Dimm B2 as recommended my motherboard manufacturer.

Running Phoenix Award Bios. V6.00PG

Been running XP since then.
    No problems at all

Switched to Vista Home Premium 32 bit in the fall of 08
    No problems after the conversion.

Realized I could now upgrade RAM to 4 Gig instead of the 2 Gig XP limitation.

Purchased G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory from Newegg. I used my old invoice to get the SAME memory.

I installed it in the two open slots I have (Dimm A1 and Dimm B1) and I get the blue screen of death and it will not boot.
    Memory test says no problem. I can choose the memory test when the machine boots.

The machine is set to dual boot vista and XP . Have not tried to boot XP with the 4 gb in it. (didn?t really think to try). Don?t really think this is a dual system issue?

I pull the two sticks of memory, and the machine runs fine.
    I exchange the two new sticks for the two old sticks and the machine works just fine. I just cannot put all four sticks in it and have it work.

Did I miss something. Shouldn?t it just be plug and go???

Did I do something wrong?

sorry, but we don't recommend you to install 4 sticks on nv chipset
    there are problems with 4 sticks installed on nv 5xx or 6xx chipset
    you may try to add FSB voltage to solve it, but we can't guarantee it works
    thanks

G.S

Comment

What would you recommend. Would the configuration work with two sticks of 2GB memory?

One other note. Would the extra 2 gig be that noticable on my configuration, I know that about half a gig would not show, because of the video card reduction....So would getting the extra gig and a bit be worth it?

What would the benefits be to jumping to 8 gig (2 x 4gig). Any noticable speed, or gaming benefits?

Thank you for the prompt response before.

guamkid

Comment

it's fine to run with only 2 sticks

and the limitation of memory capacity is caused by 32 bit OS
        so there is no use for you to add to 8GB memory if your OS is still 32bit
        thanks

G.S

Comment

Same problem

Hi,
          i've got 4 sticks of 1gb DDR2 800 ram, but it doesn't work on my asus board with nvidia nforce 4 chipset. What can I do? Is there an option to solve the problem, like changing the Mhz or voltage? With 3 sticks unfortunately it doesn' t work to... and if I use only 2 sticks i have to change the voltage from 1,8 to 2 V.
          Or Perhaps you can send me 2x 2gb insteadt of my ram?

Thanks!
          Felix

Comment

Can you answer, please?

Comment

sorry, but nvidia nforce 4 chipsets only support to DDR2 667, not DDR2 800
              and for HZ series, it is rated at 2.0-2.1v to run at our spec
              thanks

G.S

Comment

So, what should I do?

Trying it with 2,1 V? Or is it impossible do make them run?

And what sort of RAM do you suggest?

Thanks,
                feschar

Comment

you may try to install only two sticks, increase the memory voltage to 2.0v or run it with default setting
                  but we're not sure if these work

G.S

Comment

Working...
                  X