Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell Inspiron 530 Q6600 Memory

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 Core 2 Quad-Core Q6600. It has the Dell MOBO in it but I have done the BSEL mod raising the CPU from 2.4GHz to 3.0GHz and the FSB to 1330 MHz.

The Dell MOBO is supposedly a re-branded FOXCONN G33.

I understand that the MOBO restricts the voltage to 1.8v and cannot be modified.

I would like 4GB of CL-4 or CL-5 memory as a 2x2GB configuration so I can later upgrade to 8GB.

I have found some G.Skill memory I like but all the models seem require 1.8v-1.9v and I am unsure that I would get the rated timings at the base voltage of 1.8v.

Is there a G.Skill model memory set that would achieve this?

Thank you!

you could choose F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B
    it could work at 1.8v
    thanks

G.S

Comment

Aaaaccckk now I am going crazy!

Sorry to be persnickety but in one of the Newegg Customer Reviewe G.Skill support replies:

The direct link is HERE

Pros: Beautifully constructed, excellent price.

Cons: Does not play nice with current model Dell XPS 420. The system will recognize the ram (I installed 8 gigs on my 64 bit OS), but I experienced numerous lost processes. Reinstalled stock memory and the problem went away.

Other Thoughts: I can't figure out what's misconfigured: 1.8-1.9V, DDR2 800 dual channel non ECC ... should work, but doesn't.

Manufacturer Response:.
      Dear customer

don't use this memory on any Dell machine. We only recommend F2-6400CL5D-4GBNT or F2-6400CL5S-2GBNT.

thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

sorry.....
        we forget it can't run CL4 on Dell's machine
        then we'd recommend you to choose F2-6400CL5D-4GBNT or F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ
        thanks

G.S

Comment

Working...
        X