Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CPU Cooler for AMD 965 Black Edition to clear Ripsaw heatsink RAM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU Cooler for AMD 965 Black Edition to clear Ripsaw heatsink RAM?

So I put together this really sweet computer setup...minus the small detail that the heatsink on the G.skill Ripjaw series RAM totally makes it impossible to use the XIGMATEK Dark Knight-S1283V 120mm CPU cooler that I paired with it. So now I'm on the hunt to find a high performance CPU cooler that is basically no more intrusive than the stock one is (at least the part that hangs over RAM.

Any suggestions or recommendations? I really wanted the ability to overclock this AMD 965 black addition I'm not a fan of watercooling either...
    Last edited by guard999; 05-11-2010, 05:25 PM. Reason: spelling error

How the heck does your Xigmatek Dark Knight not fit?

I have the Xigmatek Dark Knight and the same CPU as you, AMD Phenom II x4 965 (c3).

The only thing is, the fan on the Xigmatek will face the bottom of the case or top depending on how you want it.

It won't face the front of the case or the rear.

You can email me at albertopizano@live.com if you have any questions, I even have pics.

Comment

I use a cool master v8. It will allow for tall ram with the heat fins to go under it. I can still fit my corsair ram cooler beside it to...........but i think the v8 will suck up any heat that the ram will collect anyways. Its a beast cooler and looks fantastic. Im running a 1055T oc to 3.5Ghz. My idle temps are 17c (16c on two cores) and max temp is 38c when running futuremark06. The ram is ripjaws f3 cl9 1600 2x2gb in the first two slots and i want to add 2x4gb in the two remaining slots when i get the money.

Comment

Working...
      X