Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DFI LANParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert

Hello,

I'm seriously looking to buy G.Skill 2048MB (2 x 1024MB) PC3200 400Mhz DDR RAM - CL2-3-2-5 but here is my problem. My original RAM is discontinued and I am stuck with an unenviable task of finding similar RAM to upgrade my PC.

I have a DFI LANParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert motherboard and currently have OCZ EL DDR PC-3200 Dual Channel Platinum (2 x 1024MB) RAM, running an AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Processor 4400+ 2.21 GHz on a 64 Bit operating system.

My question is, does anyone envisage a problem with G.Skill and OCZ RAM working side by side. I have searched for similar latency and believe G.SKILL matches up perfectly, however you can never be 100% sure. This is virtually identical ram except for the brand name. What are my chances of a successful pairing?

Your thoughts would be grateful.

Unfortunately this is something only you will know. We don't know exactly what chips are being used, even if they are the same, sometimes they may not work still, so it is something you will just need to test.

To answer your question, it's 50/50.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank you for your responce. Will Gskill at least offer an alternative solution in terms of replaceing the memory if this particular senario fails? Will I be stuck with this potential ram that I am considering buying without any further discussion in terms of finding a solution to my potential problem? What are my options if this ram fails?

Thanks

Comment

If you had both G.Skill memory, then we can do something, but if you are asking us to match with OCZ, that's just not something we can guarantee. You should always avoid mix matching memory as they can be incompatible.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X