BIOSTAR TForce TP45D2-A7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIOSTAR TForce TP45D2-A7

The memory does not seem to work at 1066 speed as advertised. It defaults to 400 mhz. Has this board been tested?

Processor is E8500
    Memory is
    Brand G.SKILL
    Model F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
    Type 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM
    Tech Spec
    Capacity 4GB (2 x 2GB)
    Speed DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)

please manually set the memory to 1066 with 2.1v. most the motherboard has memory default at DDR2 800 1.9v.

Comment

I tried that and it did set it to the correct timing but I get massive amounts of memory errors using windows memtest and memtest86. If I set it back to default at ddr 800 I get no erors.

Comment

I think the advanced timings need to be set manually to get it to work without errors....Can you tell me what they should be set at? They are as follows...
        TCL
        TRP
        TRDC
        TRAS
        TWR
        TRFC
        TWTR
        TRRD
        TRTP

I know the first 4 should be 5-5-5-15 but what should the others be?

Thanks for your help...

Comment

sorry for the late reply.....

we're still keep communicate with BIOSTAR FAE, 'coz it seemed that most DDR2 1066 memories can't run at DDR2 1066
          they're still fixing it
          we'll keep updating this thread

G.S

Comment

So I finally got my RMA'd memory back and found both sticks work fine @ 1066 and 2.1 V when I put them in the system by them selves....But when I put them both in in dual channel they get lots of errors. If I let the mother board auto config the memory it defaults it to ddr2 800 but they work great in dual channel...No errors. I think it has to do with the advanced memory timings. It won't let you set the advanced timings to auto when you set the memory manually to 1066. Can you tell me what to set the advanced timings to? I need to know what to set these at.

TWR
            TRFC
            TWTR
            TRRD
            TRTP

Thanks.
            Last edited by derry163; 09-05-2008, 02:35 PM.

Comment

So I went to the OCZ forum and pretended I had one of there comparable products and got support right away with the info I needed.....The memory now works flawlessly @ 1066. I had to change the tRFC to 54 and increase the chipset voltage. I guess you can now add his motherboard to the supported list thanks to OCZ !!!

Comment

thank you for your info. Biostar still can't make it work. We will forward this message to them

Comment

Working...
                X