Which memory for Gigabyte GA-790FXTA-UD5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which memory for Gigabyte GA-790FXTA-UD5

Hello! First post here! Just want to say that I love G.Skill memory! I have built around 10 computers in the last couple of years and always use G.Skill memory and have never once had the first problem with your sticks!

I am currently working on another new build for myself as I am redoing my gaming rig. I have purchased my Gigabyte GA-790FXTA-UD5 motherboard and now am deciding which ram I want to get. I have narrowed it down to these 2: F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ or these
    F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL. I will be running the Phenom II 965 BE overclocked to around 3.8 ghz and I mostly game on this computer. Can you tell me if one of the above sets of ram would be better than the other for my situation? Clearance may be an issue on the Ripjaws and if it was, I would need to run them in slots 3 and 4. Would this affect my performance at all?

Also, please let me know if there is another set of G.Skill ram that you may recommend over the 2 listed above.

Thanks for your help!

Gary

Either one would work just fine. The RipJaws is newer, but that's as much difference as it gets besides the heat spreaders. The RipJaws only extend one centimeter above standard modules on each end, so generally clearance is not much of an issue. Slots 3 and 4 should work fine, but double check that with Gigabyte or the user's manual.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X