DDR Memory for Dell Dimension 2400s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR Memory for Dell Dimension 2400s

I recently purchased 10 sets of F1-3200PHU2-2GBNT in order to upgrade Dell Dimension 2400s, 3000s and 4550s. It fails in the 2400s (I've tried two sets now, both in sets and individual sticks). It is working fine in the one 3000 I have tried it in. Can you tell me which memory I should have ordered for the 2400s. Will the above memory work in my 4550s? I don't know what the processors and motherboards are, but they are all "stock" machines.
    Thanks,
    Sherman

The only systems you will have issues with is the 2400. Some users report problems, while others do not, so that is the extent of our knowledge. We are not sure of the actual reason of incompatibility.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Any more info?

I just purchased 2 kits and they won't post in my Dell Dimmension 2400 either. I have no choice but to switch to another manufacture who KNOWS what the problem is. I'll return them to NewEGG at once. But I'd like to know if you know why these won't post?

Comment

You could try clearing the BIOS, do a reset and try again, but....the 2400 line was rushed to market as an entry level budget pc (actually if you look at the original specs it showed that max RAM was 1GB even though the Intel chip set used supported 2 GB). Dell at that time (and still does to a degree) used specific components to try and channel upgrades back to them. The sticks you bought are CL3 and call for 2.6 to 2.75 volts, whereas most of the 2400s preferred 2.5 volts and PC2700 DRAM (333x64).... the specs on these boxes changed a couple of times....might try these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820159107

Not Gskill, but recently used them in an upgrade for a clients parents

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks, ya I already ordered some PC2700 as a result of this. It's not my machine it's a clients. Real garbage, but at least it has DDR memory and not RAMBUS that Dell used to stick people with. Uggh!

Comment

Ahhh...you remember those days also, well good luck to you, think it should work, depending on what they do with it, you can also speed it up some by reloading the OS (seamed happiest with a stripped version of XP to me)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X