NEED memory timings for F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED memory timings for F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ

As thread title says, need timings and advanced timing specs for F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ. Using it on a EVGA X58 and I7 920. Thanks.

it could run fine with auto setting with this motherboard
    you only have to set the dram frequency to DDR3 1600
    and remember to install the memory to slot 2.4.6
    thanks

G.S

Comment

I'm attempting to overclock and I think the ram might be causing issue/limits to the overclocking ability of this chip.

I'd like to be able to dial in all the correct timings so that I know it is setup properly. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

NQ series is for standard use, not for overclocking
        thanks

G.S

Comment

At this point the system is not stable with the ram running at 1600mhz, let alone being able to overclock at all.

Comment

Did you add QPI voltage to about 1.3-1.4v?

G.S

Comment

Yes I did. Do you not have the correct timings available? I bought the product, yet no where on it does it specify any proper advanced timings nor command rate this memory should be run at.

I've asked the question in order to better understand the product I have purchased but the responses I'm being given do anything but answer the simple request I have made about a product you sell.

I'm sorry if I sound rude, but I don't understand the reluctance to answer the question.

Comment

we already told you the setting we set
                if you can't run with this setting , please RMA eith us
                thanks

G.S

Comment

Do you guys cross ship replacements? I have a tripple dimm kit and this pc will not run stable when ram is set to 1600mhz 9 9 9 24 1t timings.
                  Last edited by Koroem; 12-19-2008, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Intel i7 920.

200 bus speed with 8x memory multiplier = 1600mhz ram.

This ram does not run stable under this condition.

133 bus speed, with 12x memory multiplier = 1600mhz ram

This ram appears more stable under this condition, but haven't fully tested.

The ram is not being overclocked, but does not hold up with the system no matter the voltages.

Comment

I seem to be stable running 200x20 with a 6x memory multi resulting in 1200mhz. This drops my Crysis benchmarks min fps scores by 5+ fps. Not cool. I bought 1600mhz ram to run it at 1600mhz.

I'm not the only one having trouble with the F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ G.Skill memory. I'd really like a refund not a replacement. I'd really prefer not to take the hit on this one since the product doesn't live up to its advertised rating.

Comment

to running with 200/1600, it will heavily depends on the memory controller in CPU, not on memory
                        we'd recommend you to use default FSB

we do not have cross ship service
                        and if you would like to get the refund, you'll need to contact with the store you bought
                        we don't refund to users directly
                        thanks

G.S

Comment

I've already RMAed the processor and received a new one. The same problem exists with both cpus and it happens at exactly the same point so the issue is not the cpu.

Comment

when we test with 200/2000, we also tried more than 6 intel i7 920 CPUs, and only one could get it work
                            it doesn't mean the others are defective
                            they just have weaker memory controller to run at 200/2000
                            hope you could understand that
                            thanks

G.S

Comment

I understand perfectly fine how a memory controller can become weak when overclocking past a certain point. But the problem is the the memory is not running out of spec. If the memory controller was at fault why am I able to run the memory at the rated speeds using some multipliers but not others?

Have you tested 200 bus with 8x memory multiplier setups with i7 to get 1600mhz?

I'd like to run my memory at the rated 1600mhz speed with as fast as my cpu can stay stable. Right now I cannot run my ram at the advertised 1600mhz speed due to the issue with the multiplier. So what part is at fault here? I didn't spend over $300 per part to have them fail like this. First time I've never been able to run ram in spec.
                              Last edited by Koroem; 12-23-2008, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X