• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRC error with PC2 6400 Hz

model of the motherboard: Asus P5B Deluxe
    model of the memory: 2x1GB PC2-6400 HZ
    model of the CPU: E6300@3.04GHz

I recently annoyed with CRC error while extracting RAR/Cab files from different medium, e.g. DVD to Harddisk, harddiisk A to harddisk B.

I tried with new harddisk and DVD drive but did not help. The same file just got no problem with my brother's PC at all.

I then found that it is RAM problem. I tried to remove one module and extract the same file, no problem at all. When I replace it with the other, CRC error again.

The pair does not seem to have problem to run games like Crysis, Farcry 2 and GTA 4, but very big problem with file extracting in most cases. I even find difficulties to install games with cab files.

I am using Vista, and 1GB ram is totally unacceptable for gaming or even normal use. So what should I do?

I know that G.skill RAM are life-warranty, can I just replace them? However, the pair I am using are D9 chips, will there be no replacement anymore? One more question, should I replace 2 modules instead of the bad 1? (as they are come in pair)

Thanks!

you can directly RMA with us or your original vender
    we'll test them and replace a new kit if necessary

and we'd recommend you to send back both sticks, 'coz every two sticks in pair are tested together
    thanks

G.S

Comment

Working...
    X