F2-6400cl5d-4gbpq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-6400cl5d-4gbpq

I have a DFI Bloodiron P35-T2RL and an Intel Core 2 Duo E7200. Whenever I try to run 4GB in Vista x64, I get BSODs within minutes of boot up. Each stick runs fine solo, memtest86 shows no errors with all settings at auto. I get errors if I set the timing to 5-5-5-15 at 1.8v. I've also tried 1.9v and I still get the BSODs with 4GB. Keep in mind it works with 2GB, I have the newest BIOS for the board AND I have the supposed Microsoft fix for this issue. I have installed Vista with 2GB without a problem and then I installed all the programs I wanted to. When I was done, I put the other 2GB in and within 10 minutes I get a BSOD.

What else can I change in my BIOS to give my system the stability it needs or what can I do in general? My DRAM settings in the BIOS are all auto except for the timings.
    Last edited by redone13; 12-11-2008, 09:36 PM.

try to set the timing auto, some values in thhis motherboard might be too tight to work stable
    thanks

G.S

Comment

Alright, so I tried that. I am still getting the BSODs. Should I try upping the NB voltage or maybe the DRAM voltage and raising the timings? For this system, I don't need cutting edge performance but I would at least like all 4GB of ram to be used. It is why i got my 64 Bit Vista.
      Last edited by redone13; 12-12-2008, 10:44 AM.

Comment

then try to add the memory voltage to 1.9-1.95v
        thanks

G.S

Comment

I appreciate the responses. So I tried 1.9 and 1.95 and things in that range. I havent had much luck with that. Increasing the voltage doesn't seem to prevent any BSODs. I usually get them after starting up the computer after it has been shut down for a little while. I'm really startin to wonder what it could be.

Comment

we tested it on DFI LP UT P35 T2R with the same setting and it works fine without problem
            would you like to try to loose the tRFC?
            thanks

G.S

Comment

Ya I will give that a shot. It is on auto right now, what should I try it on? Also, would the NB voltage need a change as well? At defaults, it is at 1.33.

Comment

if you do not overclock CPU, there is no need to add fsb voltage while running at DDR2 800
                and if there is still error while installing only one stick, please RMA with us
                thanks

G.S

Comment

Thats the thing thats driving me nuts man, I can run with 2GB of ram on either of the sticks but as soon as the other 2GB goes in, regardless of which one is in, I get BSODs. Memtest has reported no errors with settings on auto after being run overnight for eight hours.

Comment

did you have another pair of memory to try?
                    it could also be caused by the motehrboard
                    thanks

G.S

Comment

Ok I have limited down to a faulty stick. After trying memtest on each stick separately for longer I found errors on the the second 2GB stick. I then tried it solo for a longer period of time in Vista x64 due to the suspiscious memtest readings. I didn't get a BSOD right away but it did happen and when I restarted the computer it started doing a diskcheck saying there are errors of some sort. The other 2GB stick had run for days without this problem. I am going to fill out the RMA form. I appreciate the assistance.

Comment

thanks
                        and sorry for the inconvenience

G.S

Comment

Working...
                        X