• Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-2GBNQ and MSI X48C question

Motherboard: MSI X48C
    CPU: Intel Duo Core e8400
    Ram: 2GBF3-12800CL9D-2GBNQ
    Bios: 7.3

Hello,

I am able to set the XMP settings for this memory, the system boots, starts into winxp but is often unstable at 1600mhz. The DIMM voltage is 1.63, I have tried 1.67 but no higher. Is there anything else I can try to make this stable at 1600mhz? I ran Memtest and it started with errors and I stopped it after a few minutes because so many errors showed up. I thought it might be a voltage problem, but with this MB, who knows. Thanks in advance.

please try to set manually in BIOS, it seemed the XMP may have problem with some motherboard
    thanks

G.S

Comment

Okay, I'll give that a try.

Comment

Wonder of wonders, that seems to have worked. I've been running Memtest and no errors so far through two passes now. Everything seems stable. Thanks for the suggestion. It's nice to have the memory running up to speed.I left the volage at 1.63 (don't have the option of 1.6).

Comment

fine
          thanks for the info

G.S

Comment

Thanks again for the suggestion. I was really surprised that worked given the difficulties I've encountered with this board's bios releases. Needless to say, I am extremely happy!

Comment

You're welcome

G.S

Comment

Just an updste

Hi guys, just wanted to update you.
                After running more Memtest passes and Intel Burn Test, I am now running this memory at 1600mhz at 1.5 volts-steady. At 1.63 volts I had encountered the odd error about once a week and decided to do further testing. Seems I needed to drop the voltage, which is a nice change from having to up it on every other brand of memory I've tried with this board yet!

I wanted you to know how well this memory is running for me at 1.5v and to say again how very impressed and happy I am to have chosen G.Skill for my memory.

Comment

thanks for th updated info

G.S

Comment

Working...
                  X