I want to upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to upgrade

I have a biostar TF8200 mobo it currently has 2x1gb of gskill ddr2 6400ram installed I have been reading some of the reviews posted on www.newegg.com that state if you have an NVIDIA chipset there are problems when upgrading to 4 sticks of this GSKILL memory is there any truth to this has it been tested on this board to find out? I do not want to spend the money if it will not work. I realise that under 32bit I will not get the full usage of the ram that is limit of 32 bit OS not the board or memory. I am currently running AMD 5000+ CPU onboard video gskill part#F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ windows vista home premium 32bit as well as windows XP home 32bit
    thank you
    JKMP

sorry, we don't have this board in hands
    we'll try to get this board tested with 4 sticks

and what had problem with 4 sticks is nvidia chipset on Intel platform, not AMD
    so we'll need to test this combination
    we'll keep this thread updated
    thanks

G.S

Comment

4 2x1gb sticks

I went ahead and took my chances and purchased 2 additional 1gb sticks installed them and system is running fine with no problems ran memtest86 for about 30 minutes and it found no errors so apparently the AMD nvidia chpsets do NOT have the same problem as the intel nvidia chipsets do

Comment

Working...
      X