Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P work with this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P work with this...

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) from newegg?...

or even a DDR2 1200 work with this motherboard from Gigabyte. As this memory is not on the certifed DDR memory vendor list with Gigabyte. If it works I am fine with getting it otherwise please advise. I am going to be using it with a q9550 Quad Core. Do I need to set up in the BIOS for the voltage to be in the 2.0-2.1 range or it will automatically set it. I intend to overclock it to 3.6 if possible. Pls advise. It is just the time that I would not like to waste. If it DOES not work pls advise of another appropriate memory. Would a 8 GB work as well for Vista 64? Will it run at 1066 as advertised? as several memory makers I found do not run at stated speed without having to keep fiddling with the BIOS.

F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK works fine on this board
    but for 4 sticks, we are not sure every 2 sets could do that, 'coz it's more difficult to overclock 4 sticks
    thanks

G.S

Comment

Yes

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

So this is a 4GB 2 x 2GB version and it works well. Do you know how much of a FSB I am looking at? What about the one below:

Memory Model F2-8500CL6D-4GBNQ - Retail 2 x 2GB same DDR2 1066. If it does not not worry just a few $ only. I can get the one above... as seriusly I do not want to keep on messing on 24/7 on this thing as I need something that I can OC just a little and get some work done. Thanks

Comment

try to set FSB voltage to 1.4-1.5v to run at DDR2 1066
        and anyoverclocking is not guaranteed officially
        thanks

G.S

Comment

Working...
        X