Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

problems with memorys G.Skill DDR2-1000MHz vs MSI K9A2 Platinum Motherboard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with memorys G.Skill DDR2-1000MHz vs MSI K9A2 Platinum Motherboard.

Hello,

First, please, sorry my english.

I'm having problems with my memories. I bought 1 carton model of DDR2-1000 / PC2-8000 (2x2048Mb) F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ and installed on an MSI K9A2 Planinum with 970FX chipset ATI and AMD processor a Phenom. The memories do not work on dual channel (only one 64bit) and not working in 1000Mhz clock. (working at 800MHz).

I wonder if there is incompatibility between the memories and the motherboard and if there is to correct the problem.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Falcon 7.br; 08-18-2008, 04:06 AM.

there is no compatible issue with this motherboard
    are you sure you insert the memory in dual channel?
    according to MSI manual, you'll have to install slot 1+2 or 3+4 to run in dual channel(1 green + 1 orange slot)
    to run DDR2 1000, you'll have to at least overclock you CPU FSB frequency to 250
    and please add the memory voltage to 2.1v
    if it still can't work, please let us know your settings
    thanks

G.S

Comment

Yes, of course. I made the configuration according to the motherboard manual and the problem persists. Even with the suggested configuration (1-2 or 3-4) the memories working on simple channel (64bit), and 800MHz FSB. The settings are Default and the memories were set up in "By SPD."

I try to make the suggested configuration, but I believe it will only solve the problem of the memory clock, but not the dual channel. I already wrote for the support of the MSI but they have not yet responded.

Comment

if the problem is only the dual channel one, it would be more possible caused by the motherboard
        it is the north bridge that controls memory settings

G.S

Comment

Working...
        X