Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faulty F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK Module ?

Hi,

about two months ago I have bought 2x2 1066 Mhz Kit. I got numerous BSODs... First, I thought it was my other components...

A few days ago I have removed one of the sticks, and BSODs increased significantly. And then I have removed this one and installed the other one. Vooola! No BSODs since then!

What I am asking is: Is that one module really faulty? (Which, I think, in this situation, really is.)

MOBO: GA-P35-DS3 Rev 2.1 /w F13 BIOS
    MEM: F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
    CPU: Q6600

P.S. I use one module at 800 Mhz now. With the both modules installed, I used 1066 Mhz 2.1V, 800 Mhz 1.8V...no luck...

Thanks.
    Last edited by cool_recep; 11-18-2008, 02:42 PM.

did it work DDR2 1066 fine when only one stick is installed?

G.S

Comment

Hmmm. I have not tested yet. Should I give extra 0.3V w/ 1066 or not?

Comment

this PK memory need at most 2.1v to hit DDR2 1066 CL5, so you'll need to add memory voltage +0.3v
        thanks

G.S

Comment

I have tested the module with 1066 Mhz strapping at 2.1V - No problems.

As I have said, when I did that with both modules I had BOSDs, with the other module, again BSODs.

So, I think it is obvious that one of the modules if faulty.

Comment

did you try to install the 2 sticks to slot 2 and 4?

G.S

Comment

I have installed them to slot 1 and slot 3...The yellow ones. You say install them to red ones?

Comment

yes
                it would be easier to run DDR2 1066 for slot 2 and 4
                thanks

G.S

Comment

OK. After coming from the holiday, I have installed the modules as you told. But after installing the module which I think faulty, the system gave bluesceen at Safe Mode. And also I have realized that the faulty module was much more hot than the other one.

So, so far I have tried all the combinations in terms of place,voltage and mhz. But no luck. Faulty module installed= System gives bluescreen.

Comment

then please send back us for RMA, thanks

G.S

Comment

Working...
                    X