Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to upgrade to FW1819 ?!?!

Hi all,

I own a Falcon SSD Drive FM-25S2S-64GBF1 that i want to upgrade. My system is Windows 7 64bits and this drive is my system disk

If i put the jumper, the drive isn't seen anymore by Windows. Using another drive as system drive, in "Drive Management" there is a disk with no drive letter which is 128Go not allocated (the disk is only 64Go).

If i launch "Falcon_FW1819_Upgrade_AP" apparently the drive isn't found.

I don't see what I missed.

Could you please help me.

(Sorry for my bad English)

UP !!!

Nobody can help me ???

GSKILL TECH where are you ?

Comment

Go through the steps in the sticky above CAREFULLY!
      http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=2496

Comment

I followed this guide very carefully, that's why I am here today !!!

Comment

Well I used a USB 2.0 to SATA + IDE (2.5 / 3.5 / 5.25") Cable Adapter
          http://www.amazon.com/USB-SATA-5-25-.../dp/B000YJBL78
          I connected to my desktop via the USB - at first I connected with my machine running & the drive didn't show in the upgrade program, however after a reboot with it still connected it showed up fine.
          That's why I made the above comment - I missed the fact that it must be installed before you boot.
          Hope that helps.

Comment

You are lucky ibarnet, i tried your way via USB and I tried also to add the disk directly to the motherboard via sata interface. In both ways, if i put the jumper W 7 don't see the disk (no drive letter) except with drive management and, I am unable to see the disk in the upgrade firmware.

Comment

One more thing..............
              The jumper supplied with my drive was very loose, so I used another that I had as I don't think it (the supplied jumper) was making contact correctly.

Comment

Working...
              X