Having issues with f2-6400cl4d-4gbpi-b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having issues with f2-6400cl4d-4gbpi-b

As title says. Just received my f2-6400cl4d-4gbpi-b from newegg.
    I keep getting memtest errors while having this kit installed.

I have a ga-ep45-ud3p motherboard with an e8400

I tried using different slots no change.
    I set it to 4,4,4,12 @ 1.8 and an error pops up in the 6th test.
    I set it to 1.9 and it completes 1 run and an error shows up in the 4th test of the second run.
    I set it to 2.0 1 pass completes and an error in the 6th test of the second run.
    I set it to 2.1 and it completed 2 passes and an error shows up on the 6th test.

I ran memtest with one stick and ran 12 runs of memtest with no errors. I took out that one and tried the other one and it didn't complete one test before coming up with an error in the 6th test. Looks like a bad stick right? Should I RMA and do I RMA just the bad stick or both?

I had 4x1 corsair dominators (c4) running with no issues at all. Was looking to make the jump to 64 bit if this kit worked so am very interested in your help.

Thanks!

it seemed one is defective
    please RMA with us
    nad we'd recommend you to send back both sticks, 'coz all dual channel memories are tested together
    thanks

G.S

Comment

Ok a long overdue update:
      I sent in my bad ram and got my RMA replacement. The worked perfectly, passed 20 memtest runs with no issue. I was very impressed with the turn around time on my RMA and the overall quick resolution to my issue.

I was so happy with this I bought another set so I will have 8gb for my vista ultimate 64.

Thanks guys!

Comment

You're welcome

G.S

Comment

Working...
        X