• Show
Clear All

• F1-3200PHU2-2GBNS Compatibility with SB Live 5.1

Motherboard: ABIT KN8 SLI 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard
    CPU: AMD 64 X2 4400+ Socket 939
    Memory: F1-3200PHU2-2GBNS 184-pin DDR
    Sound Card: SB Live! 5.1 Channel (SB0220) PCI
    Video Card: Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS PCIe

I recently upgraded from some 2GB Corsair ValueSelect to the 4GB of G.Skill F1-3200PHU2-2GBNS. And since the upgrade, I've been experiencing problems with my sound output from my SB Live! card. I've ran the old setup with the Corsair memory for over 2 years without any getting issues from the sound card.

Since the upgrade, I have noticed things speeding up a bit quicker and most everything else works -- but my sound. It works okay sometimes, but sound will come out stuttering or loudly distorted at times, usually after running several programs -- and will not go back to normal until I reset the system.

I've tried mixing the memories and it seems to only occur when I have the G.Skill memory in. There is no problem when I run the system with just the Corsair Valueselect, but even when I plug in the G.Skill by itself or with the Corsair the sound issue happens...

After running the G.Skill memory for 2 weeks, sound seems to be the only issue/area affected. Are there any known compatibility issues with Sound Cards that I should be aware of?

Any help you can offer is much appreciated.. thanks!

we never heard of compatibility with sound card....
    and would you like to try to instll only 2 sticks of our memory?
    running 4 sticks on K8 platform would downgrade the memory to run DDR 333
    thanks

G.S

Comment

Working...
    X