HELP! G-Skill Dual channel kit 2 x 1gb ddr2 6400 800mhz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! G-Skill Dual channel kit 2 x 1gb ddr2 6400 800mhz

I recently purchased this G-Skill Dual channel kit 2 x 1gb ddr2 PC6400 800mhz 4-4-4-12 RAM for my PC. I have a MSI 7327 motherboard and AMD X2 1.9Ghz processor.

Intially when i installed the memory it worked fine for about 2 days and since then whenever my computer boots it crashes say 5 mins after start-up showing the "blue screen of death". Im running Vista Ultimate.

The reason why i believe its the memory, its the only new hardware i have installed recently and when i re-install my original 1gb memory the machine runs fine.

So, based on my deduction, i beleive it has to do with the memory setting, clock cycles or voltage in the bios. I have an American Megatrends bios V1.4.

I need someone to help me configure the proper settings so i can get this to work.

Thanks.
    Last edited by rogerh; 08-15-2008, 07:18 AM.

please check your voltage is on 1.9v or not. looks like the voltage setting is not right

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I just realized i might possibly never installed the memory correctly. Reason being, when i installed them orignally, the clock speeds where 5-5- something something. Re-installed them this morning correctly pressing them in the slots securely and i got the correct clock reasings 4-4-4-12.

Now, the only problem is that the computer keeps restating as it reaches the welcome screen. So im still assuming its the voltage and i am not sure on how to adjust that in the bios. I have looked and i dont see any clear option for me to change the voltage.

Comment

there should be no memory voltage option in BIOS.....
        so, we'd recommend you to run just DDR2 800 CL5 at default voltage

G.S

Comment

Well i realized why the computer was crashing.. I later found out that one of the memory sticks that came in the kit was bad..

Comment

please fill out the rma form and we will replace you a new set

Comment

Working...
            X