Falcon 256 Works for 10 minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcon 256 Works for 10 minutes

I have a Falcon 256GB SSD. I've had it for a while now. I have, thus far, been unable to use it. Any system I put it into, it works for about 10 minutes. Sometimes 5, sometimes 15. After that, if it works at all, the system just hangs waiting for a response from the drive. The moment I unplug the drive from the SATA controller, the system becomes responsive again. I have tried this in two Vista machines (64 bit) and Ubuntu linux (64 bit).

I thought perhaps a firmware update would resolve this problem. Bad firmware happens sometimes, I guess, though I've never touched it since purchase. When I attach the drive with the firmware update jumper applied, I don't get the typical "YATAPDONG" descriptor. Instead, I get "YATAPDON G BAREFOOT-R" with the odd space in there.

It does not flash. It doesn't flash to much of anything, I'm afraid. I have 1819, where the model number has the odd space and whatnot, and I have 1571, which never sees the drive.

I have also tried this on an Areca RAID controller and an Adaptec SATA controller, as opposed to the onboard of the three systems I've mentioned. None resolve the issue.

I'm willing to try anything else, but I'm pretty sure this is just a bad egg. A weird one at that.

What should I do next? =c)

Edit: I should also note that the utility with 1819 never sees a firmware version either. It's somewhat frustrating.
Working...
X