Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What comes in the box

Greetings,

About to purchase one of these drives but getting conflicing info on what's in the box. Is this similar to the Kingston V series in which it also includes a SATA cable and a 2.5" to 3.5" mounting adapter or is just a bare drive (no manual, just complete OEM, static bag and that's it).
    Do you run an AMD 790FX chipset or higher end GIGABYTE motherboard and an AMD Phenom processor with G.Skill 1066 DDR2 RAM? If so I could really use your input, information and advice over here.

Originally posted by Ginsok View Post
    Greetings,

About to purchase one of these drives but getting conflicing info on what's in the box. Is this similar to the Kingston V series in which it also includes a SATA cable and a 2.5" to 3.5" mounting adapter or is just a bare drive (no manual, just complete OEM, static bag and that's it).
    When I bought the Falcon (which is now being called the Falcon I), it came in nice G.SKILL packaging (nice box, etc), but there are absolutely no accessories. All that you get in addition to the drive is the jumper which is used for updating its firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoCables View Post
      When I bought the Falcon (which is now being called the Falcon I), it came in nice G.SKILL packaging (nice box, etc), but there are absolutely no accessories. All that you get in addition to the drive is the jumper which is used for updating its firmware.
      Hey thanks for the information. Do you happen to know if the Falcon II comes with accessories though. The Kingston V series apparently comes with them but has about half the performance. Even so, are there any recommended brackets or mounting kits I should look out for.

The drive will be used for a desktop as a boot drive.
      Do you run an AMD 790FX chipset or higher end GIGABYTE motherboard and an AMD Phenom processor with G.Skill 1066 DDR2 RAM? If so I could really use your input, information and advice over here.

Comment

Hey thanks for the information. Do you happen to know if the Falcon II comes with accessories though. The Kingston V series apparently comes with them but has about half the performance. Even so, are there any recommended brackets or mounting kits I should look out for.

The drive will be used for a desktop as a boot drive.
        All I know is what I posted.

So, does this mean that you don't have an extra SATA cable?

Oh, and as for mounting it: Velcro works perfectly. Or, you can just let it dangle. In other words, it doesn't have to be mounted in the way a hard drive does. After all, it's just a glorified flash drive.

But if you're a perfectionist and therefore you must have it mounted and stationary, then I have seen this recommended a couple of times:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817994083

However, I just can't see spending $15 or more when my SSD can be put pretty much anywhere, especially with 1 or 2 dollars worth of Velcro.

Comment

All I know is what I posted.

So, does this mean that you don't have an extra SATA cable?

Oh, and as for mounting it: Velcro works perfectly. Or, you can just let it dangle. In other words, it doesn't have to be mounted in the way a hard drive does. After all, it's just a glorified flash drive.

But if you're a perfectionist and therefore you must have it mounted and stationary, then I have seen this recommended a couple of times:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817994083

However, I just can't see spending $15 or more when my SSD can be put pretty much anywhere, especially with 1 or 2 dollars worth of Velcro.
          Actually I'm running out of SATA cables from my motherboard because I run 3 HDDs and 3 ODDs. As for the mounting thanks for your suggestion on the velcro. I was a little worried velcro would be a bit tacky :/

Comment

Actually I'm running out of SATA cables from my motherboard because I run 3 HDDs and 3 ODDs. As for the mounting thanks for your suggestion on the velcro. I was a little worried velcro would be a bit tacky :/
            Nah, Velcro is only tacky if you have a window or if you mount it in a place where it can be seen.

Comment

Nah, Velcro is only tacky if you have a window or if you mount it in a place where it can be seen.
              Actually I have a window, so :P

Thanks for the help with the brackets. At first I thought I would need a really premium one but maybe not. These things can handle lots of vibration so it should be fine.

Comment

Actually I have a window, so :P

Thanks for the help with the brackets. At first I thought I would need a really premium one but maybe not. These things can handle lots of vibration so it should be fine.
                True. After all, there are no moving parts; just chips on a PCB.

Comment

Working...
                X