Ddr3 f3-16000cl9d-4gbgt1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ddr3 f3-16000cl9d-4gbgt1

I have an eVGA nForce 790i Ultra Sli and I am trying to get my ram to 2000ghz and having a lot of difficulty getting it there. I've set the rams voltage to 1.9 and tryed 2.0 and the system want boot an just beeps. Any help ok this would be great. Thanks.

can you tell us your settings?
    thanks

G.S

Comment

Ok here they are i dont know which ones are relavent to my question tho:
      FSB: 447 and 1.350v
      FSB (QDR), MHZ: 1789

nForce SPP: 1.450v

FSB and Memory are unlinked

Memory (DDR), MHZ: Currently set to 1333 also works at 1800 but, if I set it to 2000 system wont boot.
      Memory Voltage: 1.9 also tried to bump it up to 2.0v and set the clock to 2000mhz but system wont boot either.

Let me know if you need anymore info, thank you very much for your help.

Comment

try to install the 2 sticks to slot 2 and 4(the black ones)
        and 1.4v for nForce SPP should be fine
        thanks

G.S

Comment

That worked the system booted.
          Do you know if this is a limitation on the 1 and 3 slots? And can it be remedied with a bios update. Or am I always going to be limited to only running 2000mhz on the 2 and 4 slots?
          Thank You for all your help.

Comment

slot 2 and 4 are easier for overclocking than slot 1 and 3
            and we only recommend to run DDR3 2000 in slot 2 and 4
            thanks

G.S

Comment

I have the FTW version of this same motherboard. I've used all of the above settings including the black slots. Same Gskill ram etc. How can I get my ram to the same 2000mhz. I've spent days trying to get this to work. I am using an intel q9650 processor at it's auto 1333 settings. The ram is the only thing I am trying to get to work within it's specs. Again I have tried every setting the bios can offer. What else may I be missing?
              Last edited by cdayres2004@yahoo.com; 11-26-2008, 11:33 PM. Reason: typo
              Xbot

Comment

we'll post the bios setting tomorrow for reference
                thanks

G.S

Comment

Hello have you had a chance to run this ram on an EVGA 790i digital using an intel q9650? I've been sending emails for over a month to both you and EVGA. Done over 100 reboots with every possible scenario I can come up with. Of course the ram works fine at 1600mhz fsb. I am just getting tired spending all these nights reading through both of your forums and re trying the same old stuff. Memtest works fine, no over heating issues, not overclocking the cpu,not overclocking the graphics. I don't believe you can get this to work as stated. Prove me wrong.
                  Xbot

Comment

sorry, we don't have Q9650
                    but different CPU would not change the result
                    and here is our testing screenshot

G.S

Comment

Working...
                    X