Wtb f1-4000usu2-2gbhz "black sticks"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wtb f1-4000usu2-2gbhz "black sticks"

does anyone have a set they want to part with? i have a pair (not working but will hopefully get a rma number so i can send them in) and would like to run 4gb, now that i am upgrading to windows 7 64bit. running xp on 32 bit was pointless, so i never bought the extra pair.
    thanks for any help.

For AMD K8 platform, it could only run at DDR333 while installing 4 sticks
    it's limitation of memory controller
    so please notive this before you upgrade to 4GB
    thanks

G.S

Comment

yeah, i have read about that several different places. does it matter if i mix and match the ram? that's why i wanted the same kind because i didn't know if that would be a smart thing to do.
      am i better off buying 4ea brand new ddr pc3200? is there a spot on here that has some suggest timings for 4g of ram?
      right now i have the black sticks installed on a 9/10 divider running at 250mhz (cpu is overclocked to 2.75 - opteron 170) so the max running speed of 333mhz isn't an issue.

Comment

it's nothing about different brands or specs
        generally, no matter what memory you mix, as long as you install 4 sticks on K8 platform, you could only run at DDR 333
        even you install 4 sticks of DDR 600, you could only reach DDR 333that's what we said about K8 limitation of memory controller
        thanks

G.S

Comment

Working...
        X