G.Skill Falcon II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill Falcon II

so G.Skill has a new line of SSD drives called the Falcon II...looking at the read/write specs of the Falcon II they seem a bit lower then the original Falcon SSD's...I know they use the new Indilinx Barefoot ECO controller but other then that is there a major advantage to the Falcon II's?...is TRIM support better?...is it worth it to upgrade from my Falcon 1 SSD?

Read my review: http://forums.overclockers.com.au/sh...d.php?t=832874

Comment

thanks but your review does not have any comparisons at all between a Falcon II and the original Falcon which is what I was mainly concerned about...I want to know what/if there are any performance differences between the 2...your review is nice for those comparing a Raptor to a Falcon II SSD but I have the Original Falcon 256GB SSD

why are the specs of the Falcon II lower and what differences exist between the 2...hopefully someone knows the answer to this

Comment

Originally posted by Titus View Post
        thanks but your review does not have any comparisons at all between a Falcon II and the original Falcon which is what I was mainly concerned about...I want to know what/if there are any performance differences between the 2...your review is nice for those comparing a Raptor to a Falcon II SSD but I have the Original Falcon 256GB SSD

why are the specs of the Falcon II lower and what differences exist between the 2...hopefully someone knows the answer to this
        If I had a Falcon 1 I would have reviewed it too. I am just an every day consumer, I do not work for G Skill (Maybe G Skill can send one my way for review ?

Comment

Originally posted by Titus View Post

I'd like to know myself. What is this Indilinx ECO controller all about?

In the end though, I guess it doesn't matter much. I wouldn't buy another G.Skill SSD for anything. I had 2 256GB Falcon's fail on me. I lost a lot of money selling my replacement for less than what I originally paid for. I had to replace it with another brand where the model rhymes with "Forks".
          Slow is Steady and Steady is Fast

Comment

Working...
          X