Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No FW Update - FALCON SSD 64GB

Hi,

I've just bought a 64 GB Falcon. HD Tune says there is Firmware 00.P80 on it, so I want to flash the drive with the new FW. But it don't get it.
    Without Jumper the drive is recognized as G-Skill 64GB drive. That's good.
    With the jumper, it is recognized as YATAPDONG xxxxx 128GB. (why 128GB?)
    When I try to update the new firmware with Upgrade_AP.exe it says that I have the wrong settings or s.th. like that. I can't update it. The drive is the first one in the list and the Controller is set on IDE. I tried it on many different computers. I always get that message.
    Why can't I upgrade the Firmware

this is the G-Skill forum isn't it ?

Comment

No FW Update - FALCON SSD 64GB

Hi Dr.Wurst,

I suffered from the same thing with my 64GB ssd when trying to update the FW to 1819 in the jumper on mode it was say it was a 128GB and wouldnt let me continue coz of the obvious error,But my solution was that it didn't need updating as mine was purchased recently it already had 1819 on it.

I would get HD Tune and see if it is the same as mine and then we know it is the same issue.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Cashis. HD Tune gives me the number 00.P80. This seems to be a older firmware. P98 is the 1819 firmware.
        Isnt't there a trick to write the firmware to the device although there is the error message. Sorry G-Skill that is very bad support you do here.
        Why don't you give the customers some information about that problem many have. Is that so hard ?
        I think I have to send the ssd back and buy a other one (no unsupported G-Skill ssd!)
        Last edited by Dr.Wurst; 12-16-2009, 02:03 AM.

Comment

You can simply send it in and we will send you a new replacement with the latest firmware.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
          X