busted Ram F1-3200PHU2-2GBZX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• busted Ram F1-3200PHU2-2GBZX

i purchased this ram some time ago. i know it has a lifetime warranty, but when i called to have it replaced, i was given a different kind because they didn't have any in-stock. well the ram they gave me is now failing too. i still have the original ram in it's box, but i don't have anything for the replacement ram.
    both sets of ram seem to work fine, but if you attempt to clock the ram at it's stock speed, the computer won't boot. i have been to the DFI website may times and downloaded the RAM guide. i have done everything ever suggested by them or by reviewing the RAM guide. it's not like i am trying to overclock the ram, i am simply trying to have it run at stock speeds. right now i have the ram set up at 166mhz (i think, it's off the top of my head) and just a few days ago i attempted to change the speed of my cpu to stock 2ghz, but with the ram at 400mhz, and no such luck. i did try many different settings but again , no suck luck. the last time i called tech support they said the ram was clearly bad because no matter what it should preform at stock speed. i attempted to contact G.Skill through their web site but it wont' load, it simply times out.
    any help in replacing either set of ram would greatly be appreciated.

Can you provide the model numbers of the two sets of RAM you are trying to get to work together, as well as the model of your mobo, the BIOS version and what CPU you are running?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

the model number is in the title. it's not a matter of working together. i only have 1 set installed. the original set (commonly refereed to as the "black sticks" is in a box. the set that is installed is blue. sorry that's all the info i have on those at the present moment.
      my mother board is a DFI 939 pin ultra D. cpu is opteron 170. bios is 704-2BTA.

the ram works, it's it doesn't work at 400hz. i tried running the cup at 2ghz (stock) and the ram at 400hz. wouldn't boot. it is what the GSkill tech told me to do with the black sticks.

Comment

just realized this.....
        the current ram i have installed is: f1-3200phu2-2gbzx. that was the ram they gave to to swap out with the "black sticks."

original ram sticks: f1-4000usu2-2gbhz. that's the ram i need swapped out. i would also like to buy another pair if anyone has any they don't want.

can i get a cust# to call someone from g.skill so i can expiate this?

Comment

Simply complete the RMA Request Form and email it to rma@gskillusa.com

In the email, simply state the issue and the model number of the replacement and we will take care of the rest.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

i've got a good one for you guys. can i send back both pairs of ram i have f1-4000usu2-2gbhz & f1-3200phu2-2gbzx, in return you send me 4ea F1-3200PHU2-2GBNS?

i ask because i want to go to 4gb ram, but can't find another pair of the f1-4000usu2-2gbhz anywhere. i had my computer clocked @ 2.7ghz at one time, with the "black stick" i assume the F1-3200PHU2-2GBNS could do it.

i am still trying to see if this ram is actually bad. i can oc my cpu but only if i lower the ram speed. right now i have it on a 9/10 devider (180) but if i put it at 1:1 it won't run the cup at stock speed. i still think i have some type of setting off.

Comment

so no response to my question about the new ram?

would you guys be willing to take both sets of my defective ram (f1-4000usu2-2gbhz & f1-3200phu2-2gbzx) and swap them out for 4ea (2 sets) of F1-3200PHU2-2GBNS?

could you guys do a bench check and see if they all of them run at stock speeds?

Comment

Have in mind that running DDR400 with 4GB of memory on a AMD939 is not possible, due to some strange limitation of the memory controller on the CPU. I had the same problem for almost an year, till I decided to follow the advice of GSKILL and set to 333, everything is stable right now. Although I still wonder if I overclock should I make sure the memory runs at most @ 333, or could I just keep the ratio as it is right now.

I am too running an Optie170 on a DFI mobo w/ 4 GB of 3200PHU2-2GBZX (2x2) and the machine is perfectly fine right now.

Comment

thanks for the tip. i am aware about the ram issue. if you and me would have bought the Venius board, we could run the ram at 400mhz. right now my pc4000 is running at 250mhz, so i don't think it will be any issues. i am pretty happy with the set up, mine is running at 2.7ghz with out a hitch. what i like about it most is even though it's overclocked, it still idels at 25c on nothing but fans.
                  i am thinking of using both those sticks of ram (f1-4000usu2-2gbhz & f1-3200phu2-2gbzx) and using the SPD tool to adjust them. from what i read, it should work, if i do the settings right.

Comment

this tread is null. i had them on the wrong settings. i went to DFI.com and did what was listed under tests/tweeks. mybad.....

Comment

Working...
                    X