F1-2700CL3S-1GBSA problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1-2700CL3S-1GBSA problems

Installed one stick into a Compaq Presario R4012, Athlon 3200 cpu running XP Home SP2. It replaced a 256mb Hynix stick. (There is another slot with a 256mb Hynix stick still in system.)

Windows reports 1.25 GB RAM, everest utilities reports the GSkill stick and Hynix stick have identical specs (other than capacity), benchmarks run fine, I initially ran memtest 86+ for two passes and it showed no errors.

However, the system beeps continually on startup unless I hit "F1" or the escape key to change boot sequence. It doesn't matter which option I then choose, I just have to hit oen of the keys to stop the beeping. the BIOS setup screen doesn't give me any options, it shows the full capacity of both sticks, and it works fine, except for the beeping.

I ran memtest86+ again and let if go for several hours....on the 6th pass, test #5, TONS of errors showed up. I rebooted, ran it again, everything was OK until pass 6. I am about to RMA it to newegg.....any other answer?

would you like to try only install our memory to see if there is still the same problem?
    thanks

G.S

Comment

Working...
    X