Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B & Asus P5E Deluxe compatability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B & Asus P5E Deluxe compatability?

Asus P5E Deluxe (x48)
    F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B
    q9550 E0

Hello, I have a couple questions.

1. Is the gskill F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B compatible with the Asus P5E Deluxe? If so, I plan on purchasing the memory RIGHT away! I understand this memory works in the asus formula, which is basically the same board, so I'm unsure.

2. If It is compatible, could someone list the best setting's for this memory in the P5E Deluxe?

Thanks!

it is compatible with this board
    you need to set DDR2 800 4-4-4-12 manually in BIOS
    and for the other timings, just keep them auto
    thanks

G.S

Comment

Thank's for the reply! I couldn't wait, I purchased the memory yesterday! After all I do heart gskill!

I have the memory installed. I can confirm that the memory works great in this board. Also the latest bios, as of today, will automatically detect the correct memory timings. My motherboard however failed to detect voltage 1.8-1.9. So if your afraid to change any settings you may want to update the bios. You will want the new BIOS regardless because it adds additional CPU support for the newer CPU's! Asus software makes this very simple even for beginners, check out your mother board manual. Adjusting the memory timing and voltage is very easy!
      Here is a link to the p5e deluxe's download page.

http://www.asus.com/prog_content/mid...19&modelmenu=4

If you have the P5e deluxe and want this memory GET IT!
      EDIT: Also incase you want to change the asus P5E Deluxe BIOS to the rampage. This memory works well with that BIOS on this board aswell. But beware, I've yet to test it myself. The rampage is on the support list so...

Thanks again,
      Iheartgskill.
      Last edited by Iheartgskill; 11-07-2008, 01:02 PM. Reason: Additional Info.

Comment

thanks for sharing this info
        congrats

G.S

Comment

Working...
        X