Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compatability of memory and my desktop

Hi
    I need your advice as soon as possible.I just bought new desktop it's gateway fx542x it comes with 4 GB memory ram so that, I'm planning on purchasing four 2 GB new sticks to upgrade my system to be 8GB memory ram so i am confused between that all types of memory's that have different timing !!! ,I need your help for choosing the best memory ram for my system.
    I like games so I'm a PC gamer.What is the best compatible memory ram can I use it to get best speed and best performance?

The motherboard is ECS NVIDIA 680i LT Motherboard :
    http://support.gateway.com/s/MOTHERB...6249Rsp2.shtml

The current memory ram is samsung :
    http://support.gateway.com/s/MEMORY/...06163Rmv.shtml

Thank you

In addition i think about this ram.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231209

What is your opinion?
    does this memory work good with games?
    Thank you.
    Last edited by BEEPOO83; 11-03-2008, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Hello support ?

Comment

we recommend to use 2 pairs of F2-6400CL5D-4GBNT. because the F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B voltage required from 1.8-1.9v. and gatewat computer only support 1.8v

Comment

Ok.but can i change the voltage to 1.9 in bios?
          I ordered yesterday the f2-6400cl4d-4gbpi-b and i really like this ram.does it work with my system?

Comment

Originally posted by BEEPOO83 View Post
            Ok.but can i change the voltage to 1.9 in bios?
            I ordered yesterday the f2-6400cl4d-4gbpi-b and i really like this ram.does it work with my system?
            most gateway, hp, dell and other doesn't allow you to change voltage. you can check on the bios. we test/QC f2-6400cl4d-4gbpi-b 1.8v on Asus motherboard. however, if in any case, your Gateway motherboard under volt, it will cause unstable

Comment

OK IF IT DOESN'T WORK CAN I REPLACE IT WITH ANOTHER ONE?
              i HOPE IT'S WORK.
              BUT WHEN I RECEIVED IT WHAT CAN I DO ?SHOULD I INSTALL IT DIRECTLY OR MAKE SETTING FIRST .
              IT IS MY FIRS TIME THAT I INSTALL RAM.

Comment

How can i change memory ram voltage?
                i only need 0.1v because my current memory runs in 1.8v and my new ram should run in 1.9v to get timing in 4-4-4-12.Therefore can you explain to my how can i make it?

Thank you

Comment

your motherboard does not support users to set voltage manually
                  it can only run at 1.8v
                  you may return this ram to newegg and change to buy 2 pairs of F2-6400CL5D-4GBNT
                  thanks

G.S

Comment

Ok before i return it we can try to set voltage manually if it doesn't work i will return it.so how can i set voltage manually?

Comment

Ok before i return it we can try to set voltage manually if it doesn't work i will return it.so how can i set voltage manually?
                      to change voltage you need to go into motherboard bios to change. which Gateway doesn't enable this option.

Comment

No.i can access in BIOS and i did it ;-)
                        my current voltage now 1.82 in Bios and there is many options like 1.9, 1.92, 2.0, 2.1 etc...it's changing enable.

Comment

No.i can access in BIOS and i did it ;-)
                          my current voltage now 1.82 in Bios and there is many options like 1.9, 1.92, 2.0, 2.1 etc...it's changing enable.
                          that is great news. then you can use any DDR2 800 memory. does it allow you to change timing too?

Comment

Yes I think that.
                            My new 8 GB ( 2 kits of G.SKILL PI Black 4GB (2 x 2GB) ) will arrive tomorrow so i will see what will happen when i install them in my system.so can you explain to me how can i set the new memory setting and what the best setting for it?and what will i do after installed the 4 sticks in my system?
                            I hope that they work without any problems.

Thank you so much
                            Last edited by BEEPOO83; 11-05-2008, 02:51 PM.

Comment

you need to set the memory voltage to 1.9v
                              and then set the timing to 4-4-4-12
                              while running with 4 sticks, you may need to add FSB voltage, too
                              thanks

G.S

Comment

Working...
                              X