Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ x2 - Running 8GB, Correct Settings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ x2 - Running 8GB, Correct Settings...

Hi Everyone, im having dificulty selecting the advance timings needed to run my 8gb Config. Gigabyte EX38-DQ6 and C2D E8400.

I can get a 4ghz clock with the settings below, but windows is very sluggish, almost as if something is bottlenecking the system. For example, take the startup programs in the system tray as an example. Instead of loading fast, one after another (which is what happens when i set my PC to the stock 3ghz and DDR 800. The icons take ages to load, then 1 or 2 load, then another one 10 secs later and another one say 30 sec after the destkop has loaded. Not really normal for what should be a 4ghz Beast!

In addition to this,although i can set the below bios profile,reboot and use it fine (all be it sluggish), when i randomly need to restart my pc again, for some reason the board doesnt cope with the settings and re-boots resetting the bios (i gather this is the quad bios feature, where it halts, reboots, tries again, halts, reboots etc. Its strange because it seems to work fine when i set the clocks again in bios, but maybe 3 reboots later, it will reset again. Its annoying to say the least.

All i am really looking for is running a stable 4ghz with RAM at 1000 and a 3ghz profile with Ram at 1066. Any help apreciated, to put me out of this 3 month agony!

Due to previos experience, i decided when i bought my PC components to get memory that was verified to work. GSKILL have tested the EX38 with 8GB of this RAM fine, but i have yet to receive a response from them. Here is the PDF of my RAM showing the EX38 Being verfied with my F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ's : http://www.gskill.us/145.pdf

Here are my settings for both 4GHZ and 3GHZ. Default settings are in brackets.
    Any assistance of what to change would help.
    4GHZ

Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
    CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8]
    Fine Clock Ratio ____________[0.0]
    CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [500]
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]
    C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.00B]
    DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ 5
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ 5
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______5
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 15

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 6 (3)
    Rank Write to READ Delay________ 6 (3)
    Write to Precharge Delay_________ 12 (6)
    Refresh to ACT Delay______________ 82 (52)
    Read to Precharge Delay__________ 6 (3)
    Static tRead Value_______________ 12 (7)
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ [Auto] (17)

CPU/PCIEX Clock Driving Control [800mV]
    CPU Clock Skew Control [150ps]
    GMCH Clock Skew Control [250ps]

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
    DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.30V] (Reccomended 2.1v from Gskill specs)
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.05V]
    FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.10V]
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.500V]
    Loadline Calibration [On]
    CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.42500]

Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
    No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
    C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]
    x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]
    CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
    CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
    Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled]

Integrated Peripherals
    Legacy USB Storage Detect___________________[Enabled] *Note* Must be enabled to flash from USB

3GHZ

Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
    CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [9]
    Fine Clock Ratio ____________[0.0]
    CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [333]
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]
    C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [3.20B]
    DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ 5
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ 5
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______5
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 15

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 7 (3)
    Rank Write to READ Delay________ 11 (3)
    Write to Precharge Delay_________ 10 (6)
    Refresh to ACT Delay______________ 72 (52)
    Read to Precharge Delay__________ 8 (3)
    Static tRead Value_______________ 12 (7)
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ [Auto] (17)

CPU/PCIEX Clock Driving Control [800mV]
    CPU Clock Skew Control [250ps]
    GMCH Clock Skew Control [300ps]

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
    DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.30V] (Reccomended 2.1v from Gskill specs)
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.05V]
    FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.15V]
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.500V]
    Loadline Calibration [On]
    CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.2500]

Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
    No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
    C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]
    x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]
    CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
    CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
    Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled]

Integrated Peripherals
    Legacy USB Storage Detect___________________[Enabled] *Note* Must be enabled to flash from USB

As you can see the 3ghz settings are different from the 4ghz, theres no reason for this, ive just been fiddling around.

At the moment the 3ghz settings wont post at all, if i set memory to Auto with either of these configs, it gives be 7,7.7,21 settings

Thanks for any help

I also have two kits of F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ (8GB). I have an eVGA 750i. I'm also having trouble getting the sticks 100% stable.

Currently have the sticks at 925MHz Linked & Synched, 5-5-5-15. Basically, I can pass 15 hours of Prime95 64-bit version Blend test, but then it will either BSOD or freeze. I tried both 2.1v and 2.0v. I tried 2.2v, but it made the Prime95 application encounter an error and need to close at about the 12 hour mark. Now trying 1.9v.

I have Memset have tRFC to 90, not sure if it's actually doing anything though.

Pain in the *** how it's like 99.9% stable and taking over 12 hours to fail, so much time wasting I can pass everything else like IntelBurnTest fine for hours.

I have SPP at 1.55v (the max). It still failed at over 12 hours with SPP lower though (1.45 and 1.5), so I'm not sure it is the key factor.

Comment

running 4 sticks would be much more difficult than 2 sticks
      We are not sure every 2 pairs of memory would work fine without problem, especially thoese overclocking products

after seeing your settings, we'd recommend you to add the FSB voltage to +0.2-0.3v
      it helps running with 4 sicks, but not 100% works

you may try to test with only one pair of it to see if there is problem first
      thanks

G.S

Comment

Hmm... after reducing memory to 1.9v it seems a bit better... it went 19 hours then had a Fatal error on the first worker thread. A fatal error is better than a freeze or BSOD, right?

I'm just going to leave it because I've pretty much tried everything... and I won't increase FSB, because I blew up my old 750i a few days ago by increasing FSB higher than 'Auto'.

Comment

Hmmh gskill? These sticks have been certified on my board. (See the PDF i posted). Id simply like to know the settings you used when you verified these because they dont seem to work as suggested..

Raising FSB Does not seem to help..

Comment

do you have vista or xp? vista's ATi CCC super slow to start.

we use auto for others setting. the pic in PDF is the setting we use to test

Comment

I originally had vista, but now XP, the issue remains the same...

Comment

did it work fine with only 2 sticks?
                running 4 sticks would be more difficult

G.S

Comment

Yes it works fine with 2 Sticks, but i specifically bought this set to work with 4 sticks (you tested it to work).

I feel that my motherboard is altering the settings when on Auto, therefore id like to know exactly which settings i need to change to make sure its set up correctly.

Comment

Hi Gskill, I am still having issues with getting 4x 2GB of this memory to work with my board. I have managed to get everything stable in the bios, but occationally (3 out of 10 times) upon boot the motherboard resets itself and goes back to default settings.

This only happens with 4 Dimms inserted, not 2.

Although I understand all Dimms may be different, they were purchased at the same time and are both rated to run and DDR 1000 which they do not currently do with my setup.

This is not a problem i can easily repeat as everything in windows is stable, memtest passes and it only happens very occationally. But when it does, it is very annoying.

Comment

so, did it work fine with only one set installed?
                      we only guaranteed for 2 sticks in dual channel, not for 4, 'coz 4 sticks are more difficult to work stable
                      we 100% tested our dual channel pack memory together, but for 4 sticks, we are not sure they would 100% be stable
                      you can try to install only 2 sticks or downgrade the speed while installing 4 sticks

G.S

Comment

Working...
                      X