Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ FALCON II ] FM-25S2I-64GBF2 Not detected

Hello,

I just bought a [ FALCON II ] FM-25S2I-64GBF2 SSD Drive.

My config:
    Asus M4A785TD-V EVO Motherboard
    Phenom x4 955 BE
    [ Ripjaws ] F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH 4Gb ram 2x2Gb
    ATI 5850
    OCZ 600w power supply

I got home i turned off PC, plugged in the drive, turned on PC.
    I went to the bios the drive was there along with my DVD drive as Primary IDE and another HDD as slave IDE.

I rebooted, inserted windows 7 DVD, booted by the DVD, selected drive, formated, started install. When it got to the expanding files part it start giving errors and aborted the instalation.

I rebooted after the canceled instalation with the idea of restarting the installation but the SSD Drive was never recognized again, not by windows intallation or the Motherboard Bios.

Sata mode was set to IDE on Bios, all bios settings in default. I also tried other modes and other SSD port on the motherboard.

Is the drive faulty, can it be the cable also? Anything else?

I will probably stop by the store where i bought it tomorrow.
    Any ideas or info are appreciated.

Thank you for reading.
    Last edited by Oldrumors; 11-24-2009, 12:03 PM.

Same for me

Having a similar problem.

Just built a new I7 860 with a gigabyte ga-p55a-ud5 MB with a falcon 2 128gb.

I was installing windows 7 64bit ultimate and got all the way through the install to actually login and start installing app. Following a reboot the drive could not be seen by the bios at all. Tried in another machine and also could not be seen. The ssd only shows the rom if the jumper is in but otherwise there seems nothing can be done to reset it.

I don't mind being on the bleeding edge but this is a second generation product and should be a step forward!!

Will try returning to the supplier first for another go for a second try.

Comment

wow scary stuff 2 failed falcon II.. good thing to know .
      So for those who want to buy a falcon II , buy an extended RMA service from the dealer. If the rate of failure is so high, I would not buy one myself for sure.

We still don't know what this new controller is all about. What's new in this ECO indilinx. It seem to be a hit and miss experience..

Comment

after researching , here what i git about this ECO controller :

We contacted Indilinx on the subject of its new "ECO" controller used by G.Skill on the Falcon II. They told us that the ECO was a revision of Barefoot bringing better compatibility with various existing NAND chips. Only the ECO is supposed to work with the Falcon II’s 34nm NAND (we still don’t know where it’s from).

Comment

I just traded for a new drive in the store.

Installing windows right now, so far so good. Will be back here with news.

Comment

I installed windows on my new drive, drivers, apps, games...

Its working fine so far.

Comment

I had a similar problem with my new Falcon II. Mine did detect in the BIOS, I was able to Ghost my old System drive to it with no errors. When I tried to boot of it it couldn't find the bootmgr.
              Initially I thought I had done something wrong. I did the ghost again and once more I had the same issue. Tried to do a Win 7 repair but it just wouldn't fix. I ran a chkdsk of it and it found errors which I found very odd as it was a new drive.
              I then tried a vanilla build of Win 7. I got the machine fully built and I was installing drivers, office and getting my games back on....after a reboot it would not boot into windows and instead went straight to repair windows. No fixing was able to get it going again. Chkdsk found errors again. At this point I decided to try and install Win 7 again. I couldn't get through the full install without it failing on me. 5 hours later I finally decided it wasn't what I was doing that caused the issues it was that the drive was broken.
              I took it back the next day and the shop checked the drive for me and confirmed it was broken and gave me a new one. I got the new drive home and firstly tried the Ghost, but I did get an error on the ghost though not like anything i experienced before. Instead I just decided to do a vanilla build. I have had 0 issues since. Everything is installed and running correctly. Damn this drive is fast. I have never seen anything so quick, loading windows, loading games and just usability in windows is fantastic.
              Hopefully the drive won't die again

Comment

Working...
              X