Bricked 128G Falcon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bricked 128G Falcon?

It appears I bricked my Falcon attempting to install 1819 firmware. I followed the instructions, but my drive didn't show up in the upgrade app. Now the drive shows up as Yatapdong ( not Falcon) in BIOS, and I can't format it or write to it. What do I do Now? HELP!
    My OS is Windows 7 64 bit.

Thanks

Here's a reply G.SKILL posted today in a different thread. I think it might apply:
    Originally posted by GSKILL View Post
    it's normal to see it shown as YATAxxxxx while you plug the jumper into the Falcon SSD, because it is in factory mode, not normal mode
    and you'll have to make sure your Falcon SSD is installed in disk 0 in disk manager before you upgrade the firmware
    thanks

G.S

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I have replaced the jumper and still the drive is not recognized properly.
      It did show up in Disk Manager, but still the firmware upgrade failed, and left my drive in an inoperable state. Now I either need a way to recover it, or a new drive!

Comment

Originally posted by SSDriver View Post
        Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I have replaced the jumper and still the drive is not recognized properly.
        It did show up in Disk Manager, but still the firmware upgrade failed, and left my drive in an inoperable state. Now I either need a way to recover it, or a new drive!
        When the jumper was plugged in, was the Falcon showing up as Drive 0 in Disk Management?

Comment

Yes it did. I noticed when I ran the upgrade software, and hit the button to scan for drives, nothing happened at first, but a Windows message box came up, saying that the program had failed and Windows was switching to compatiblity mode. When I tried again, it seemed like the program ran, but my drive was not detected. At that point I decided to give up on the upgrade, but now my drive doesn't work at all.

Comment

Oh damn. Then I recommend sending GSKILL or GSKILL TECH a private message about it to see what they say. I mean, I think I might have to agree and assume that it could be bricked.

Comment

Success!

Got it flashed to 1819! I ran the Upgrade_AP in Windows XP compatibility mode as administrator and all went well.

Comment

Originally posted by SSDriver View Post
                Got it flashed to 1819! I ran the Upgrade_AP in Windows XP compatibility mode as administrator and all went well.
                Yeah! w00t! Nice work.

Comment

Working...
                X