Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compatiability Asus P5E & F2-8500CL5D 2GB

Hi anyone including GSkills tech support,

I need a little assistance on a recent purchased system a few days ago from Newegg.
    Asus P5E-Deluxe, Intel E8400 CPU, and GSkills F2-8500CL5D 2GBPK dual channel memory.
    1. P5E will only see the memory as DDR2 800. I've tried every setting, and can only get up to 961, no further.
    2. I've had two lockups, and 1 blue screen during defrag. then reboot. and I'm not sure what it is related to.
    3. The system seem fast, but I just don't know how stable it is long term @ 961 speed
    4. I've dropped down to 800 or auto setting, and still had blue screen

when I get the mem speed anywhere above 961 it simply won't boot, and I have to reset back into bios. I've spent enough time on it now about 2 days and am getting a little sideways, and ready to try other memory sticks. Can anyone help point me in the right direction. thx in advance for any input. cheers,

which BIOS version?

Comment

Had same memory P5E

Buy two sticks;
      in dual work fine, but with patriot wiper 2x1Gb had small issues

set 2Gb 1Gb 2Gb 1Gb
      set timings 5-5-5-15 (tRC - 50)
      DRAM V- 2.12
      and 1066 fsb

all work fine pass HCIdesign and windows memtests

Comment

Are you saying you are, or aren't having issues? Sounds like everything is going well, and this is a 5 year old thread if you're trying to help the OP
        ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

Working...
        X