X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSD Falcon 128 dead

Hello,
    i just bought a Falcon SSD with 128GB.
    I installed Windows 7 on it, all works fine, reboot, installing programs, no worries.
    Yesterday ( 1 day later ) i wanted to boot my pc, but the bios said, that theres no ssd.
    i tested some settings in bios, ahci/ide, nothing happened.

So, i putted on the jumper and boot my old system from my old seagate, then i started the update tool. Yatapdong Barefoot-Rom were found. but the updater said : Upgrade failed, please choose the right parameter for your SSD.

Can someone help me what to do now?

My System:

Asus Rampage 2 Extreme
    i7-920
    Bios Setting - IDE
    Falcon SSD with FW 1819 installed on buy.

greetings

send a private message to G.Skill or an e-mail to get a RMA.. On the G.skill web site there is a place for RMA http://www.gskill.com/rma.php .... The place where you bought it can't replace it ?

those who buy such an expensive toy should buy an express RMA or any type of extended warranty that will make it easy to exchange the defective product. SSD are rather fragile, so this is why I've paid 10$ extra for express RMA if it fail within the first month . While G.Skill seem to honor their warranty rather well, it's a pain in the *** to have to deal with this problem....

Comment

sorry for the inconvenience
      if there is still problem with your Falcon SSD, please download the RMA form on our website and email back to us
      we'll issue you a RMA number and tell you the RMA procedure in detail
      thanks

G.S

Comment

Working...
      X