F1-3200phu2-2gbns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1-3200phu2-2gbns

I have an old Biostar nForce 2 motherboard (M7NCG400) that only supports upto DDR333 memory. I want to add memory but DDR333 memory is hard to find especially performance sticks. I want to install DDR400 NS 1gb sticks, will there be any problem clocking them back to DDR333 ? What timing should i use ? What should i set the voltage to ?

just keep the timing and voltage auto
    it would work well
    thanks

G.S

Comment

Installed modules without any problem, set my bios to auto and timing set to 2.5-3-3-5. The tested timing for these modules is 2.5-3-3-6, will i have problems ? or is all ok ?

Comment

it would be fine to run 2.5-3-3-5 @DDR 333
        thanks

G.S

Comment

I would like to add another gig of ram and am able to get this stick, F1-3200PHU1-1GBZX for a very good price, will it work with my F1-3200PHU2-2GBNS ?
          Last edited by Wildman95gst; 10-25-2008, 06:58 AM.

Comment

they would work fine together, but it would onlt work with 2.5-3-3-6, the timing of NS
            motherboard would choose the loose timing to run if you install memories with different spec
            Thanks

G.S

Comment

Just thought i would like to add that i tightened the timing on my modules to 2.0-3-3-5 6v @DDR333 and ran Memory Test 86+ v2.01 6 passes and had 0 errors.

Comment

you may try that and good luck to you

G.S

Comment

That setting did not work on my nforce2 mobo, had to relax the timing to 2.5-3-3-8 1T 6v. This seems to be the most stable and fastest setting. I guess nforce motherboards do not like 1gb modules.

Comment

3 sticks are more difficult than 2 sticks to work stable
                    thansk

G.S

Comment

Do you think it would be possible to run three F1-3200phu1-1gbns on my system ?

Comment

it could be possible, but we can't guaranteed that....

G.S

Comment

Has anyone heard about the strange thing about nforce2 motherboards, that setting the Tras to 10/11 will produce higher performance from your ram ?

Comment

as we know, it seems only happen on Abit NF7 series motherboard
                            it should be kind of bug or something

G.S

Comment

I would like to wish the entire G-Skill staff a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and thanks again for all the help in getting my ram problems worked out

Comment

Working...
                              X