• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• correct memory for HP DX2000 MT

I have an HP DX2000 MT business class running a P4 3Ghz

It has 2 256mb sticks of cl3 ddr 400
    There is no apparent jumper for any voltage and nothing in the bios

I want to upgrade to a minimum of 1gb and possibly 2gb ram

what should I buy? I was at Newegg and saw some but saw the comment to check here first

please advise

thanks

According to the mobo specs, you could go with the various sticks on this page at NewEgg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...e&Order=PRICED

I've pasted the spec page below.

Computers equipped with Intel-based processors come with double data rate synchronous
    dynamic random access memory (DDR-SDRAM) dual inline memory modules (DIMMs).
    The memory sockets on the system board can be populated with up to four industry-standard
    DIMMs. These memory module slots are populated with at least one preinstalled memory
    module. To achieve the maximum memory support, you can populate the system board with up
    to 4GB of memory configured in a high-performing dual channel mode.
    For proper system operation, if the computer supports DDR-SDRAM DIMMs, the DIMMs must
    be industry-standard 184-pin, unbuffered PC2700 333 MHz- or PC3200 400 MHz-compliant,
    2.5 volt DDR-SDRAM DIMMs. The DDR-SDRAM DIMMs must also:
    ■support CAS latency 2.5 or 3 (CL = 2.5 or CL=3)
    ■contain the mandatory JEDEC SPD information
    In addition, the computer supports:
    ■128Mbit, 256Mbit, and 512Mbit non-ECC memory technologies
    ■single-sided and double-sided DIMMS
    ■DIMMs constructed with x8 and x16 DDR devices; DIMMs constructed with x4 SDRAM are not supported
    The following processor bus frequencies are required for the system to run at the supported
    memory frequencies.
    If a memory frequency is paired with an unsupported processor bus frequency, the system will
    run at the highest supported memory speed. For example, if a 333 MHz DIMM is paired with a
    400 MHz processor bus, the system will run at 266 MHz, the highest supported memory speed.

The system will not start if you install unsupported DIMMs.
    Memory Frequency Required Processor Bus Frequency
    266 MHz 400 MHz, 533 MHz, or 800 MHz
    333 MHz 533 MHz or 800 MHz
    400 MHz 800 MHz

Comment

for your machine, we'd recommend you to choose our F1-3200PHU2-2GBNT/NS, which is DDR400 2x1GB module
      both item could work fine on this machine
      thanks

G.S

Comment

Working...
      X