Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benchmarks: Two months apart

Hi All...

Here is an image comparing the benchmarks of my MacBookPro with two months in between.

This laptop is used everyday for work and play. There has been no reload, clean or any drive maintenance. The firmware is 1571.

Looks fine to me.

Comment

Kind of makes me wonder what all the fuss is about regarding TRIM etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Violet View Post
        Kind of makes me wonder what all the fuss is about regarding TRIM etc.
        I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that 1819 is just a bad firmware version. Many people are either staying with 1571 or going back to it because of this. I am one of those people who are just staying with 1571. After all, if it isn't broken, then there's no reason to fix it.

Comment

TwoCables:

I pretty much agree. After retesting my drive speeds, I can't really see a need to upgrade the firmware. As mentioned many times across many forums, the 1819 slows things down.

After two months, and at least 500 hours of use, I really don't see any massive indication of a slow down due to the typical SSD issues. The laptop (OSX 10.6.x) shows no sign of slowdown. I use Parallels with a VM of Vista, Win7 and XP Pro. All of these are large single files ( 20 - 40 gb ).

In the long run, unless there is a pressing reason to update, and considering the difficulty for Mac Users, I personally see little reason to change.

Comment

when things are not broken .... don't fix it !

Comment

Originally posted by sirius69 View Post
              when things are not broken .... don't fix it !
              Couldn't agree more..!!!

Comment

Working...
              X