Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about New Firmware

I have used Windows 7 64bit system.

Now I upgrade new firmware then no need to execute "wiper.exe"?

Good question!
    I tried the wiper on a drive with both the new firmware and Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit. It is sooo slow!!

Comment

Originally posted by jjfta1 View Post
      Good question!
      I tried the wiper on a drive with both the new firmware and Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit. It is sooo slow!!
      It's being assumed that it's slow because it's doing a better, more thorough job thanks to the new firmware.

Comment

huh?...I thought that with the new firmware there is no longer any need to run Wiper?...you still have to run Wiper even with FW 1819?

Comment

when we delete a file, trim is supposed to do it's job in the background, so in theory we don't need to run wiper anymore. But who knows for sure

Comment

My benchmark score result with AS Disk is lower after I tested Wiper on Win7 64 bit.
            Don`t remember how much, but I think it`s about 25 - 30 points.
            Last edited by SirPingsAlot; 11-06-2009, 01:46 PM.

Comment

wiper.exe is NOT needed in win7 when using default ata drivers and 1819 firmware!

Comment

Based on my user experience, I agree!! Win 7 seems to self clean.

Comment

Based on my user experience, I agree!! Win 7 seems to self clean.
                  Win7 does with 1571 in my system too, although from what I am reading, 1819 allows it to do a much better job.

Comment

I agree. But if you wanted to run the wiper, you could with 1571. It ran fast and good in Win 7. With 1819, not so fast and good.

Comment

so there is no harm in running Wiper and TRIM on the same drive?

Comment

actually, the principles of wiper and TRIM are almost the same
                        the difference is you need to run wiper manually, but TRIM would run automatically
                        thanks

G.S

Comment

I agree. But if you wanted to run the wiper, you could with 1571. It ran fast and good in Win 7. With 1819, not so fast and good.
                          But that's the point, you don't need to run wiper on 1819 with windows 7. It wont actually do anything, because there wont be anything to wipe.

Comment

Working...
                          X