X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't upgrade firmware!

Copy of an email sent to support!

anybody can help with this?

I have a Falcon 128 SSD with firmware 1571.

I am running windows 7 X64 on a HP laptop.

I want to update the firmware to version 1819 but have a problem with the update software.

The only way I know to update the firmware is to remove the SSD and place it into a USB caddy and attach it to a computer with the upgrade software and run the upgrade.

I have done this, and to date, have connected the SSD via a USB caddy to 2 different machines one running Windows 7 the other running XP pro, both Oss’ are current and up-to-date.

In both cases the SSD is recognised when attached to the computers, and if the jumper is removed I can actually view the folders on the SSD.

When I click on the upgrade program it opens, I can from the drop down box select my drive, but nothing else happens! The update firmware button remains greyed out and no details populate the description box.

On both machines I have plugged and un-plugged the SSD with the program open, I have pressed the ‘refresh’ button many times, I have full administrator privileges on both machine, on the windows 7 machine I have run as administrator, unblocked and even tried Vista compatibility mode all with no success.

I am at a loss what next to try. Given that the SSD is visible on both machines I can only assume your application may not be scanning USB ports.

Please your assistance is required.

in your case : laptop... I wouldn't worry about the new firmware, it will only slow down the SSD... you have only 1 drive so use Wiper with the 1571 firmware ..

got 20% decline in speed in the last few days with the new firmware , not funny...

Comment

Thanks, but i have a dual drive laptop! and therein lays my problem I can't even use wiper because it's AHCI configuration with no hope of changing it

David

Comment

I tried to flash it with windows xp and failed every time. After that i found that i must goto bios and switch to ide mode instead of ahci after that the upgrade works like a charm

Comment

I have a 7805u which is also a dual drive laptop. here's what i did:

1). Opened HDD panel and removed SSD from primary HDD slot.

2). Swapped over mechanical WD HDD from 2ndary HDD slot to the now vacant primary HDD slot.

3). Installed OS (Vista) onto mechanical WD HDD in primary slot.

4). In the meantime; insert jumper into SSD and place in 2ndary HDD slot.

5). Boot up from mehcanical HDD and open F/W program.

6). Should detect SSD as Barefoot etc. in 2ndary HDD slot

6). Upgrade.

7). Once done, swap back SSD into primary HDD slot and install OS of choice (Win7 for me!). Wipe off OS from mechanical HDD (now back in 2ndary HDD slot) during the Win7 install process and use to move over page file/TEMP/TMP etc. from SSD to it.

Comment

Thanks, I had thought about that route, as I do have the original HDD with OS, but I just wonder if I'm that desperate :-)

At present I have no issues with the SSD and I don't know if I want tot spend time fixing something that is'nt broken

Comment

the new firmware upgrade tool could be only run under windows XP via USB mode
              and the tool is only for PC, not MAC OSX yet
              thanks

G.S

Comment

Working...
              X