Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSD, HDD and SATA 6GB/s

First if you can check this: http://techreport.com/articles.x/16291./1
    I don't understand how can SSD be just few seconds faster than normal HDD? can anyone explain this comparison ?

Will SSD work (much) faster on motherboards that have SATA 6GB/s ?

Techreport has excellent writers and lousy techs. Their test pc is years old. Would you see great performance on the newest games running the best graphics hardware on that system? No where near the real world benefit you'd get with a current system.

I see that they're using an adaptec raid card for the test. Makes no difference since the NB that it is directly communicating with is dated April 2005.

Are they so poor that they can't afford a better PC? I think I have some parts in my closet that I could send them.

Anyone browsing a review online about SSDs will probably have a better PC than their test system, so I conclude that their test are not reflecting real world results, totally making them worthless.

Jason

Comment

Yeah I can't believe they still use a P4 system for a testbed. It's a joke.

BTW I dont think any SSD"s out are SATA3 (6GBit) yet, so having a 6GBit motherboard will not get you any improvements.

Comment

Working...
      X