• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD with 4GB of F3-12800

Hi,

CPU: Q6600
    Mobo: asus rampage extreme
    ram: F3-12800 CL7-7-7-18

hears the problem, when i try to run 4GB (2x2GB) of the ram at 1600MHz i get a BSOD after 5secs to a min after loading windows.

Both sticks will run at 1600 and be stable when used sepratly in ether of the 2 slots (A2 and B2), 4GB will run stable at 1333MHz but not 1600 (stability tested with memtest)(all run at 7-7-7-18)

I have tested these configerations for a range of voltages around the 1.9v mark with no luck. Can anyone hear help me?

Thanks and sry for bad spelling

for DDR3 1600, we'd recommend you to add fsb and nb voltage to 1.4v
    and please install the memories to the white slots
    thanks

G.S

Comment

hi again and sry for taking so long to reply

both sticks are in the white slots and i have played about the the fsb and nb voltages for ages and still had no luck, cant even get 1600mhz to be stable with higher timings.

is there anything else u can sugest that i try?
      if any additional info is needed just ask.
      thank

Comment

how much CPU frequency you are running?
        not every Q6600 could run stable with FSB 400

G.S

Comment

my cpu frequency is running at 3.2GHz (400*8)

when i change the ram speed i am just changing the divider and leaving the fsb at 400MHz and cpu at 3.2GHz and this is stable when i run the ram at 1333 but not 1600 so i doubt its the cpu

Comment

iv been playing about some more and i can get into windows at 1600 7-7-7-18 when i ether set the ram voltage to auto or use the X.M.P profile but this will bsod after a few mins of gaming/bentchmarking.
            when i set the ram voltage manualy (tested with a wide range of values) the pc wont even post, at 1600 cl7-7-7-18.

pc is stable when i lower the ram speeds (keeping fsb at 400) to about 1333 cl7-7-7-18 and enter ram voltage manualy at 1.9v.

with these settings pc probe reports DDR voltage as 1.64v but when the voltage is set to auto it reports it as 1.9v

hope this helps

Comment

would you like to try to update to the latest BIOS first?
              and we'll test this combination these days
              thanks

G.S

Comment

i updated my bios from 0401 to 0501 and enabled load line calibration.
                ram at 1600 cl 7-7-7-18 now seems stable with settings and voltages sugested.
                so it looks like 0401 might have had a few problems.
                thanks for the help.

Comment

you're welcome

G.S

Comment

Working...
                  X