Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH+ASORCK_P55_DELUXE=No dual channel

Hi

I bought 2 pairs of memory modules F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH (8GB total). They run on a Asock motherboard model P55 Deluxe; no-way to have them running in dual channel mode.
    I know for sure that ASrock Mobo can active dual channel with 8BG of memory: I read its review with 8GB of RAM used (other brand). read this review: http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/294...ld/index3.html

What can I do to enabla dual channel? is it a mobo question or ram trouble?

Thanks for your attention.

If you have them installed in the correct slots, they should run in dual channel. For this motherboard, the BIOS is still buggy for DDR3-2000, AsRock will be releasing a revised version shortly to solve these issues.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

until now no bios update from asrock
      have you got some news?
      regards

Comment

Contact them directly and let them know you need to operate DDR3-2000. If they don't have the released version available, ask them for the beta. If they aren't much help, shoot me an email at gskillusa@gmail.com and I will send you the beta we have.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I received your beta bios, thanks.
          Can I load it with ami windflash?
          Winflash says the rom id is not the exact one; is this bios only for p55pro or I can safely force it to load into the deluxe model? Which winflash parameters I must use to force a safe and correct loading?
          regards.

Comment

ASrock 1.80 is out
            I'm trying again 8GB layout: until now no success, same previous troubles.

Comment

up
              any help will be appreciate.

Comment

Have you tried the XMP Profile?

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Hi
                  now I can boot.
                  Anyway two issues still remain:
                  Just 4GB on 8GB installed are available (win7 64 bit)
                  Dual channel mode is not activeded.

The first issue is a big problem who could be not just related only to ASROCK motherboard.

Let's read this good analysis on P55 memory issues:
                  http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=3652&p=20

Have you heard if is this problem will be adressed by ASROCK or we must lost any hope?

Regards.

Comment

Hi

luckily & finally I discovered what is the problem:
                    a module has a pin poorly constructed, essentially the layer of gold is badly printed and half-pin is missing now, the other one is not perfectly adherent and has a small and unusual thickness. I called the Internet retailer who does not want to honor the warranty, they said me that they can't apply warranty because we talking about a "phisic" damage.
                    I think that a qualified technician (I am one of these) can easily recognize the lack of construction: the circuit has been wrong printed and is not damage caused by myself.
                    In this case I think that the warranty can be applied because we are in the case of obvious module built incorrectly.

Let me know

Im' waiting for a feedback

Thanks a lot as usually.

Luigi Cazzetta

Comment

If they will not warrant it, we can take care of that for you.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                      X