Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory for ASUS PE53 Pro/P5Q3/P5Q3 Deluxe

Hi there.

My ASUS Rampage Forumla that runs 8Gb of 8800 Pi ram is starting to fail. I am looking to replace with another 775 motherboard. The 3 boards mentioned in title is what I am considering to replace the Rampage with.

I am considering going from DDR2 to DDR3 ram so I will not get a Rampage Formula if I do so. Would the 2000Mhz Rimjaw or trident work in the above boards?

I have read that there is some compatibility issues with the P5Q3s... though those articles have not stated which brand.

Also, if I step up to the DDR3 does G.Skill have a trade in option on my DDR2 ram?

There have been a number of problems with the P5Q3 lines, wouldn't swear to it but think I may have seen something about the lines being pulled, again, don't quote me on it.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

The P5E3 Pro is a new board and no one here in Australia sells them.

The P5Q3 is easy to get here but the P5Q3 Deluxe is almost sold out... hard to get. If I had a choice I would get the Deluxe as they seemed to addressed some of the OC Ram issues.

Comment

Working...
      X